Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: O/T do you like to iron?

I have a friend who enjoys it, but to me it's merely a necessary evil.

Esteemed Contributor

no, I don't like to iron.....so I only iron what really needs it....that being judged by me....lol

Esteemed Contributor

I like to iron and think it's therapeutic for me. In mental hospitals they always give time to everything with the hands. And Rowenta makes it more enjoyable. I also have a clothes steamer which I use for small jobs.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind it. I find it necessary. I don't like that ""just rolled out of bed"" look.

Honored Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't iron. If it needs ironing I don't buy it. I tell DH if he buys something that needs ironed he can iron it himself. He likes his collar on his work shirts starched so they stand up & not look sloppy. I bought him a can of starch & said have at it. LOL!!! I get my clothes out of the dryer when they are dry & they look fine.

Honored Contributor

I don't like to iron, but I don't like to wear clothes that aren't ironed - LOL

Super Contributor

I agree that ironing is a necessary evil. My cat hates the sound of me setting up the ironing board! But I have a nice Rowenta iron that makes the job easier.

Actually, once I get going, I don't mind ironing. It's just getting started that's hard. Like many of you, I like nicely pressed clothes. I always joke, though, that I can put more wrinkles in than I take out! I always have the most trouble with sleeves on shirts.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have to go over the same spot time and time again.

It's never just one pass...

Respected Contributor

It is a necessary evil. Even if a babysit the dryer, I still iron almost everything. Nothing looks worse than clothes needing to be ironed and unpolished or dirty shoes.

A good iron helps tremendously.

Valued Contributor

Heavens no. I haven't ironed anything since 1996.