Honored Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

On 1/9/2014 Sassenach1 said:
On 1/8/2014 shoekitty said:

The women newscasters not only dress inappropriate for the weather, but they all look the same. THE SAME. Same stick straight hair with extentions, either parted on the side or the middle. The wild reckless, devil-may-care renegade will sport bangs. Do they only have one haircut? The hair is mostly blond, but if they are aren't highlighted blonds they are dark brunette. Isn't anyone an individual? Is there one newscaster or weather girl that wears anything but hot ironed, stick straight hair? We don't have any news ladies with short hair, or curled hair. Maybe one of you do? Same sleeveless tops and short skirts. They all look good, and are attractive, but I am wondering why they all dress the same. You would think they would want to stand out.

Shoekitty - I completely agree with you. All newscasters and most hosts look EXACTLY THE SAME! Seriously! Why?

It is discouraging. Let's have some substance. Individuality. Personality.

Hi Sass! Happy New Year.

ITA w/ you both.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

On 1/7/2014 Perkup said:

IMHO they are dressed in sleeveless, short dresses to impress the male audience they hope is watching. They sit there with 2/3 of their thighs exposed - looks like their legs would go into major cramps after sitting with their legs so tightly crossed. I know they have sprayed on tans, but still their bare legs don't always look that good.

They look totally silly in these clearly summer outfits.

This. Women haven't come as far as they think.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2014 darkpoet said:
On 1/7/2014 Perkup said:

IMHO they are dressed in sleeveless, short dresses to impress the male audience they hope is watching. They sit there with 2/3 of their thighs exposed - looks like their legs would go into major cramps after sitting with their legs so tightly crossed. I know they have sprayed on tans, but still their bare legs don't always look that good.

No, we still have women judging beautiful women. The green eyed monster is still alive and well on this board...
Frequent Contributor

On 1/9/2014 serenity4ever said:
On 1/9/2014 darkpoet said:
On 1/7/2014 Perkup said:

No, we still have women judging beautiful women. The green eyed monster is still alive and well on this board...

I don't think the poster I was quoting was judging attractive women, and neither was I. The truth is that the female broadcasters are expected to dress a certain way and look a certain way. And is there some vanity in there? Sure. Is that a big deal? Meh.

The truth is also that many women constantly judge other women based on their looks. They perpetuate the notion that women are objects. Women are conditioned to focus on other women's appearances just like men are.

So again, we women (I am female) haven't come as far as we think.

Super Contributor

Hot studio lights? Showing off the results of working out?

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone! I'm the OP of this thread, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who's questioning the reason for the "said attire." Glad to see it has stirred your interest as much as it has for me. Thanks for your input... It's interesting to read all the posts...

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

On 1/9/2014 winamac1 said:
On 1/9/2014 Sassenach1 said:
On 1/8/2014 shoekitty said:

The women newscasters not only dress inappropriate for the weather, but they all look the same. THE SAME. Same stick straight hair with extentions, either parted on the side or the middle. The wild reckless, devil-may-care renegade will sport bangs. Do they only have one haircut? The hair is mostly blond, but if they are aren't highlighted blonds they are dark brunette. Isn't anyone an individual? Is there one newscaster or weather girl that wears anything but hot ironed, stick straight hair? We don't have any news ladies with short hair, or curled hair. Maybe one of you do? Same sleeveless tops and short skirts. They all look good, and are attractive, but I am wondering why they all dress the same. You would think they would want to stand out.

Shoekitty - I completely agree with you. All newscasters and most hosts look EXACTLY THE SAME! Seriously! Why?

It is discouraging. Let's have some substance. Individuality. Personality.

Hi Sass! Happy New Year.

ITA w/ you both.

Hi Win! Waving Happy New Year to you and Shoekitty!

Esteemed Contributor

I always think the same thing ......lol

QVC Customer Care