Honored Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

I don't know, but the fact that so many people watch the news and this is what they come away with is sort of terrifying to me.

Super Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

On 1/9/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I don't know, but the fact that so many people watch the news and this is what they come away with is sort of terrifying to me.

You are so right!
Valued Contributor

Yes, the news can be discouraging and the weather can be frightening and very serious, but it seems the reason for this topic goes to the fact the people presenting this to us, should be appropriately dressed for the job. Whether delivering sad news or something up-beat, they should look like professionals, not someone off the street dressed for a night out. Luckily the channel we watch for our local news must have a dress code for men and WOMEN, because they are always in blazers, suit jackets or sleeved blouses. They are not dowdy, as their hair and make-up is very stylish. You feel you can trust a team that comes across as professionals in their reports.

Super Contributor

I saw Jessica Simpson on Live with Kelly & Michael this week in what best would be described as a floral summer sundress. Puzzling.
Trusted Contributor

It's not like they are going sleeveless in a snowstorm!!

Sleeveless dresses have been popular for awhile, since the FLOTUS began showing off her great toned arms years ago.

Don't see what the big deal is.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I hate it !!! It looks awful! I dont wanna see your dang armpits! Look cold and miserable. Have some class on air. Like in the old days. Professionalism. One announcer that had left Today said the producers expected short skirts and high high heels! Ann Curry I think it was. My main point is if they want to wear that fine. But if producers expect them to that is wrong. It just looks cold!
Super Contributor

And I don't want to see their armpits. If you're wearing sleeveless on national tv please don't raise your arms. Ugliest part of the female or male anatomy, armpits. Please. We don't want to see it.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2014 sunshine45 said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Maybe they are looking for a distraction, because the news is as bad as it is.

Respected Contributor

I am sure they dress just the way they want. Why shouldn't they wear sleeveless dresses? They all have well toned arms, and they can go sleeveless, so why not. I'm sure they don't go out into the snow with bare arms. The studios are usually very warm with all the lighting that is necessary.