Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

I also posted this very same thing.I still think it looks stupid,for what ever their reason.

Valued Contributor

Re: O/T..Why are all the women newscasters wearing sleeveless dresses in winter?

Shouldn't there be a dress code? Men don't show up in short sleeves and shorts. There is one newscaster on the Boston noontime news always wearing a too tight dress and chandelier earrings. Sleeveless in winter makes no sense. Not professional looking IMO. Don't get me started on the hairstyles either.

Honored Contributor

Noticed on FOX today, the early show, both ladies had on long sleeves. I wondered about sleevelessness too and I think it was a show skin thing. But with the "artic cold" I guess, they changed their minds. Just my guess.

Contributor

This has been going on way before the current first lady. The length of the skirt is of course for the men. But I wonder if it also possibly very hot in the studio and the men are uncomfortable in suits. Still, it doesn't look right when we are dealing with below freezing temperatures.

Super Contributor

Can you see why my husband loves watching the weather?

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 petepetey said:

I am going with the stations wanting the women to look appealing to the male population.

I'm sure that's what it is. Isn't that what it's always all about. I said that to my husband a while ago when I noticed the same thing. Meanwhile the men are covered up with a suit all year around. Seems kind of ridiculous to me that men are going to watch because a woman is dressed in a sleeveless dress.

Valued Contributor

I agree with frenchie...men don't dress ridiculously and seem to stay with a dress code of some sort. Why do women have to fall for every fad or fashion even if it looks silly. Maybe sofistication will come back in style some day. We can only hope. Sleeveless used to be for casual wear or evening attire and in appropriate weather conditions or social. Not business attire.

Regular Contributor

I live in the Philadelphia area and am so tired of all the weather ""girls"" in tight skimpy dresses!

Honored Contributor

Greta always wears a blazer, often with a turtleneck. Other times with a blouse, the style that you can order from L.L.Bean.

Occasional Contributor

Discrimination.

What better way is there than to dictate the dress code?