Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Where do you and girlfriends like to go out for lunch and what are your favorites?

[ Edited ]

My girlfriends and I usually go to casual places for lunch.  We like Paradise Bakery, Jason's Deli or occasonally PF Changs or Cheesecake Factory.   I don't eat at places like Olive Garden or Fridays or Applebees very often.  

DH and I go at least 2 times a month to Jason's.  I love their salad bar, and he loves their corned beef on rye.  Several of my friend's like JD's too.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T Where do you and girlfriends like to go out for lunch and what are your favorites?

This is a fun post for sure. It is neat to hear what other women do with their friends. When I get together with a friend for lunch, we usually try to go to a local run busines. They need our support. Chains usually dont go out of business. So we support mom and pop. I love sandwiches for lunch. Big sandwich lover here. I really enjoy panninis. With lots of gooey cheese. 

Honored Contributor

It depends on the person. Some of our favorites are Panera, a family owned local pizzeria, McAllister's, Olive Garden. I still work but most of my friends are retired. We usually lunch on the weekend or if I have a day off work.

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

My girlfriends and I usually go to casual places for lunch.  We like Paradise Bakery, Jason's Deli or occasonally PF Changs or Cheesecake Factory.   I don't eat at places like Olive Garden or Fridays or Applebees very often.  

DH and I go at least 2 times a month to Jason's.  I love their salad bar, and he loves their corned beef on rye.  Several of my friend's like JD's too.  

I don't either. I've been to Olive Garden, and I think the food is terrible. My gorlfriends and I go to restaurants that aren't chain restaurants. I don't think the food or the quality is good, and most of it is unhealthy.

Honored Contributor

We aren't really big on the chains either.  If you see a friend once every six weeks or so, the privately owned spots that offer lunch prices aren't too plentiful, or they aren't good, and it gives us a little variety!

Respected Contributor

I rarely go to lunch.  Most of my girlfriends are as rushed as I am during the week.   Since I home office, I grab something quick and easy.. like a Caesar salad or leftovers from the night before.  I seldom eat bread / sandwiches, enjoy salads, seafood, creative vegetarian cuisine.

I too am more likely to dine and socialize during evening hours when there's more kick-back time to relax without time restraints.

It's always fun to find a spot with outside dining when the weather is nice.

Like some of you,  we prefer to support local restaurants versus chains.  There's a bunch of good ones, so there's always choices.   We just kind of decide what we're in the mood for and go from there.

There's three local restaurants overlooking the lake which consistently serve tasty fare.  They each provide a nice ambiance.. with  the sailboats coming in.  We'll feed the ducks &  watch the sunset over the water.

Sometimes I meet my girlfriends alone, sometimes we meet as couples.. but we always have hearty conversation and a lot of good laughs.