Super Contributor

Re: O/T When you're home, what do you have for lunch?

Usually a Shakeology shake with almond milk and a little fruit added.

Esteemed Contributor

Peanuts and Coke Zero.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Carmie said:

I eat lunch from home everyday even if I'm not home. I don't eat food out very often.

In the summertime I have a salad with mixed greens, and whatever vegetables I have on hand. I always add protein such as tuna, salmon, eggs or chicken. Often I replace that with a Greek salad...cucumbers and tomatoes, no lettuce, a little onion, feta cheese, olives and olive oil.

In the winter, I have a small salad and a cup of homemade soup. Or just the soup or just the salad. I always have a Sparkling Ice drink for dessert.

What I really crave is a big thick Reuben Sandwitch and french fries, but that is a no go for me.

I love Greek salads{#emotions_dlg.wub} I need to buy the ingredients the next time I go to the grocery store.

Super Contributor

I'm on a later timetable. I have Greek yogurt and plain grain/oat cereal for a late breakfast. If I get super hungry I'll have a fluffernutter or an apple at 2ish. If I have to be out I eat a few pieces of dark chocolate or a cookie. I have many food issues too, don't like salads made by others, cold cuts or canned tuna and will NEVER go out or stop for fast food lunches.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually do a whole menu for two weeks for lunch and dinner. I pretty much have the same thing everyday for breakfast...so that doesn't require a menu. Makes it easier for shopping and it's how I keep a tally of how many calories per meal.

For lunch my choices are typically lean cuisine and fruit or salad w/ protein and a pc of fruit or a big bowl of soup w/ a few crackers or a sandwich that has less than 300 calories and a pc of fruit.

I have to watch my calories or I put on wt...just the way it is for me. I run 3-5 miles a day about 5 days a week...and I still have to really watch what I eat or the weight starts creeping up.

I've just become accustomed to eating for fuel and trying to make what I eat as flavorful as possible w/ spices. Luckily....I love veggies and fruit.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Salads with lots of vegetables and some protein. Olive oil and vinegar dressing.
Respected Contributor

I usually have a sandwich...peanut butter and homemade peach jam, or peanut butter and banana.

Valued Contributor

Usually last night's leftovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

leftovers

Valued Contributor

Soup or salad....or cottage cheese with pineapple. A good Waldorf salad with a light dressing. Sometimes nothing if breakfast was a late one.