Honored Contributor

O/T When you're home, what do you have for lunch?

We all know about nutrition and we have different things that "drive" our choices. Just wondering about our similarities. When you're home what do YOU have for lunch?

I never do a sandwich, (then it's a half), unless it's summer. Then it's tomato or cucumber. In the winter, for the two days I'm off, it's always Healthy Choice soup.

You?

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T When you're home, what do you have for lunch?

steamed veggies and either salmon, ahi or grilled chicken

I sometimes eat a package of non-nitrate turkey breast and some steamed veggies if I don't have the above.

ETA: I eat lunch every day. If I'm home, I eat the above. If I'm out of town or just out working, I still eat lunch.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I seldom eat lunch.

Super Contributor

My lunch is usually my main meal of the day, and is generally substantial - and I eat a late lunch ... generally about 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

I have light breakfast and light supper.

Honored Contributor

Strsnge question. I eat whatever I feel like eating that day. I don't care for bread, so I usually won't make a sandwich. But....today, I did eat a Jimmy Dean sausage and egg and english muffin breakfast sandwich for lunch.
Respected Contributor

Today I had a Diet Coke, ham sandwich with cheese, and fries with a fudge sundae for dessert from Burger King. I am disgusted with myself! Ha, ha! I have a terrible time making meals. I usually have a sandwich with cold cuts, chicken (rotisserie from the supermarket), or tuna. I had pasta with low-fat shredded cheese for breakfast. I am seriously off the healthy eating wagon today.

If I get hungry later, I'll have steamed vegetables and some vitamin pills.

Honored Contributor

I go home from work almost everyday for lunch. 9 times out of ten, I have some type of frozen weight watcher entree with cut up tomato or cucumber. Sometimes I'll have soup or tuna in green pepper.

On the weekends we either go out for lunch or I'll have a greek yogurt.

I always have a 16oz glass of water with my lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

My schedule often makes my days completely upside down. So I rarely have what I would call "lunch".

However, I do have a Greek yogurt pretty much every day, sometime between my morning coffee and dinner. I guess that's lunch!

Super Contributor

I usually have yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Valued Contributor

Protein shake.