Honored Contributor

Re: O/T When you're home, what do you have for lunch?

I never eat breakfast so I have a protein shake for lunch.

Super Contributor

Leftovers. Actually ""planned overs"".

Respected Contributor

I used to have a turkey and swiss sandwich most days (or any kind of sandwich - I'm a bread lover) but since I have a slice of toast for breakfast, I felt I was eating too much bread and my weight had also been creeping up, so I decided to try low-carb options for lunch. Now I'll have any combination of hardboiled eggs, cheese string wrapped in turkey breast, cottage cheese with blueberries and/or a salad made with baby spinach or kale, a dollop of cottage cheese, whatever berries I have on hand and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds, drizzled with Greek dressing. Then I'll have a sugar-free tapioca pudding for dessert!
Respected Contributor

Oh and I drink water with that but if I'm home, I'll drink skim milk!
Respected Contributor

I usually take a sandwich and some type of fruit for lunch when I'm working. If I'm home I eat a larger breakfast later in the morning, around 10 or 11, and I skip lunch.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Highlighted
Super Contributor

saving good topic!

Trusted Contributor

Usually a turkey wrap on a soft multi-grain wrap. Various mustard flavor(s) depending my mood, cheese, spinach, sometimes other/more veggies on it. Usually carrots and dip on the side.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Jazzgrl said: Pup, I so understand. It is just something about getting out and the variety. Though, as I said I do eat at home most days, that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get out. If it makes you happy and you are healthy..most days, have fun! Hey, want to meet for lunch?!

Yes, let's meet for lunch, but we will have to eat in my car. HA!!! That's another thing that is soooooo crazy about my deal. I eat in my stupid car! I know most of you must think I'm nuts....well, I might agree with you. But something about eating lunch at home depresses me a little. And usually whatever I eat at home doesn't satisfy me. Another part of this is that my husband does not eat lunch. He eats breakfast and supper. I don't like breakfast and have to have my lunch...OUT and ABOUT. LOL!

Respected Contributor

Depends on how much time I have and what's in the fridge. I like cottage cheese with halved grape tomatoes and a slice of whole wheat toast. Maybe a sandwich (1 slice of bread like Arnold or Pepperidge Farms) if there is sliced turkey or ham on hand. Peanut butter is an option, also a fried egg and a small slice of cheese on 1 slice of toast. Soup is good when it's very cold outside. I like Trader Joe's tomato and red pepper soup in the paper carton. Tuna fish is good once in a while. I can always rustle up something to eat.