Super Contributor

Re: O/T When you're home, what do you have for lunch?

On 1/19/2015 Kathleen said:

My lunch is usually my main meal of the day, and is generally substantial - and I eat a late lunch ... generally about 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

I have light breakfast and light supper.

Me too.
Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 bichon_emma said:
On 1/19/2015 Kathleen said:

My <em>lunch</em> is usually my main meal of the day, and is generally substantial - and I eat a late lunch ... generally about 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

I have light breakfast and light supper.

Me too.

Here also, although I don't eat as late as Kathleen.

Respected Contributor

I have a serious issue in this regard. I go to some fast food kinda place almost everyday....drive thru. I try to get a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich on most days. But some days it's a burger or burrito. But my deal is, I HATE to eat lunch in my own home. I'm sooooo weird! Getting out and grabbing a bite makes my day. Yes, there are some days I do eat at home. I have about three things I will do at home. I eat two big spoonful's of peanut butter and a few crackers. Or, I eat a turkey sandwich with some chips. Once in awhile we have some leftover Chinese take-out and I eat a bit of that. That truly is IT for me if I have a lunch at home.

I told you I have issues!

Honored Contributor

I make homemade soup and freeze it in single serve containers so in the winter my lunch at home is usually a bowl of soup. When that does not appeal to me I will make a bowl of popcorn with fennel salt or sometimes a honeycrisp apple and warm peanut butter. In the summer I often have fresh berries with Greek yogurt or watermelon salad.

Honored Contributor

Mostly a salad with lean protein. Sometimes fresh berries with yogurt and granola.
Valued Contributor

I eat dinner and supper as one meal late afternoon and call it dupper.

I usually have a protein bar for breakfast with my tea then wait to eat at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

Pup, I so understand. It is just something about getting out and the variety. Though, as I said I do eat at home most days, that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get out. If it makes you happy and you are healthy..most days, have fun! Hey, want to meet for lunch?!
Respected Contributor

i go out to lunch once or twice a week, so when i am home i try to behave and eat sensibly. when home, i eat about 1/3 of a cup of cottage cheese and 1/3 cup of a mediterranean salad with 4 water crackers. every once in a while i will have soup instead.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I eat lunch from home everyday even if I'm not home. I don't eat food out very often.

In the summertime I have a salad with mixed greens, and whatever vegetables I have on hand. I always add protein such as tuna, salmon, eggs or chicken. Often I replace that with a Greek salad...cucumbers and tomatoes, no lettuce, a little onion, feta cheese, olives and olive oil.

In the winter, I have a small salad and a cup of homemade soup. Or just the soup or just the salad. I always have a Sparkling Ice drink for dessert.

What I really crave is a big thick Reuben Sandwich and french fries, but that is a no go for me.

Super Contributor

Today I had soup, 6 crackers and Laughing Cow Swiss cheese and grapes. It varies as to what is in the refrigerator, how hungry I am. Or if we go out to eat.