Respected Contributor

So many stories of "paying forward" or "paying back" but this one has me thinking and these random acts of kindness are actually becoming "really you should do that" kind of mentality.

So I'm in a small coffee house picking up a cup of coffee this past week and the man in front of me told the clerk/owner that put it on her tab, she'll pay for it...........WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

I then joked around and said "oh no sir, usually it's a pay it back concept and I would be more than happy if you want to pick mine up". Nice smile and I was out of there........

What the heck, what would you have said?

Respected Contributor

I think you handled it fine. I honestly don't think he really expected you to pay for his, I suspect he was flirting with you and that was his opening line.

Respected Contributor
On 4/4/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I think you handled it fine. I honestly don't think he really expected you to pay for his, I suspect he was flirting with you and that was his opening line.

NOW you tell me..........too funny.

Trusted Contributor

Kind of just sounds like that joking/small talk thing some people do. I think you handled it perfectly fine.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a flirt to me, but you seem to have handled it just fine. That is, unless you're open to such opportunities, in which case you may want to visit that coffee shop again soon.

Respected Contributor

he was kidding!

Super Contributor

I think he was just kidding and you handled it Perfectly!!

Honored Contributor

...he was kidding....obviously. He probably jokes like that all the time and you're the only person who ever took it seriously.

Super Contributor

Yep...He was flirting with you.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}