Super Contributor

Re: O/T We're going to the World Series!!!

When I saw the Royals beat Oakland to get into the playoffs , I knew my beloved Angels were in a heap of trouble. THe Royals are amazing! They are truly the Cinderella team this year. They are the first major league team ever to sweep during the entire playoff season. Plus, they have one of the lowest payrolls in the league yet they perform like they do. I sure am rooting for them. Actually, they do remind me very much of the 2002 Anaheim Angels who went on to win the series that year.

Super Contributor

Thank you mercyMe & Jacklelee! Our Royals have been putting on quite a show/keeping us up late and scared stiff. All of Kansas is tuned in and super happy tonight. It's a great night to be a Royal's fan. . .Go Blue!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 mercyMe said:

As an Orioles' fan (attend the games) ... you beat the O's with gusto ... congrats and good luck at the Series!!!

Thanks mercyMe, the Orioles are a great team!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Jackielee said:

When I saw the Royals beat Oakland to get into the playoffs , I knew my beloved Angels were in a heap of trouble. THe Royals are amazing! They are truly the Cinderella team this year. They are the first major league team ever to sweep during the entire playoff season. Plus, they have one of the lowest payrolls in the league yet they perform like they do. I sure am rooting for them. Actually, they do remind me very much of the 2002 Anaheim Angels who went on to win the series that year.

What a nice post Jackielee...good to know! You're a sweet person!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 lork said:

Thank you mercyMe & Jacklelee! Our Royals have been putting on quite a show/keeping us up late and scared stiff. All of Kansas is tuned in and super happy tonight. It's a great night to be a Royal's fan. . .Go Blue!!!

You're right, it IS a good night to be a Royal fan, its been a long time coming!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Congrats! My husband and I moved to Hawaii from KC two years ago (couldn't do the winters anymore) but still feel KC is the home team for us. Having been born in StL, I'm hoping for the I-70 series. Hubby is a Dodgers fan and, therefore, a fan of whoever is playing against the Giants!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm excited, and I don't even like baseball. It's such a kick to have the Royals go to the World Series.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Congratulations!!!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I live in Boston and am a fan of all Boston teams. Congratulations to the Royals for getting to the World Series. I really want to see them win the World Series this year since both of the NL teams have won recently. If San Francisco wins again this year they will have won 3 times in 5 years. I don't want to see that happen. I do expect San Francisco to win the current series against St. Louis. I always route for a team that hasn't won recently. An example of this is a few years when Texas played in the World Series twice and lost both times. This was very upsetting to me.

Frequent Contributor

Even though KC beat my Angels, good luck to you. Richly deserved after all these years.Hope you guys go all the way.But just wait til next year- ha!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/16/2014 susan25 said:

I live in Boston and am a fan of all Boston teams. Congratulations to the Royals for getting to the World Series. I really want to see them win the World Series this year since both of the NL teams have won recently. If San Francisco wins again this year they will have won 3 times in 5 years. I don't want to see that happen. I do expect San Francisco to win the current series against St. Louis. I always route for a team that hasn't won recently. An example of this is a few years when Texas played in the World Series twice and lost both times. This was very upsetting to me.

susan, I feel the same! I hope they win the Series too, of course I'm prejudiced, its been a long time coming! Even the bakeries here are doing everything in blue, the famous fountains are blue..its so exciting! The Royals merchandise is selling out..they even changed Baltimore Ave to Royals Ave!

http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/09/in-celebration-of-postseason-success-baltimore-avenue-is-changed-to-roy...

-- Mae West