Esteemed Contributor

O/T - UPS or U.S. Post Office? Which do you like best?

I have found UPS to be significantly faster. Also, I've had USPS-shipped items take a strange "detour" before being delivered to me. Even if I must pay more, I always request UPS. Which one do you prefer for your deliveries?
Honored Contributor

Re: O/T - UPS or U.S. Post Office? Which do you like best?

I used to prefer UPS, but I recently had a package stolen (from L.L. Bean, which the company replaced) so now they make me sign for all deliveries. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

There's no time difference for delivery where I live - so whichever is cheaper makes sense to me.

Honored Contributor

Either one is fine with me.

Respected Contributor

I prefer UPS also. I placed a Sephora order a while back and waited for it and finally 2 weeks went by and no pkg. called Sephora and they could not find it. They called me back and said they the USPS had no idea where my pkg was?! Sephora made it right but I do think it's strange when they can't find a pkg.
Honored Contributor

I like UPS because shipping is faster. I also like their tracking since it gives an estimated delivery date. Sometimes USPS does not have their tracking updated until after you have received your package.

Valued Contributor

I live in Northern California and I noticed that USPS delivers faster in my area so I choose this option whenever I can.
Super Contributor

Ups is the most dependable of the two. I will take that over speed anyday! I had two packages from same vendor sent the same day USPS, both disappeared...they said they delivered it....not on my end.
Regular Contributor

It just recently came to my attention, when tracked, an envelope with a check, sent by me on behalf of my business, going to Chicago suburb on 08/20 was never received. Lost after it departed Elk Grove, IL on 08/19. I'm done with them, I buy and sell concert tiks some times, can't have that happening!
Respected Contributor

I have been lucky & not had any problems with either. If you do have problems the post office is fairly useless, so if I was shipping anything that was worth more than $50 I would count more on UPS.