Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Taking my daughter to a One Direction concert Sat!

Enjoy! And get there early to avoid traffic he££. Drink lots of fluids. It's gonna be horrendously hot.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

My great-granddaughter, age 10-1/2, went to their concert a few weeks ago. She said "it was the best night of my life"{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 ive been framed said:

Is this her first concert? She'll love it!!!! Seriously though, you should consider taking ear plugs for yourself (my ears rang for days from a Duran Duran concert years ago, all those girls screaming! But it was a blast!){#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Have Fun!

oMG! I saw them in the 80s and in my early twenties I think I was the oldest person there lol I know exactly what you're talking about :-)
Contributor

We went to the show in DC last month. My 12 year old and her two friends LOVED it! I liked it but won't admit it, except for here! Smiley Happy. It's nice that our girls listen to young men who seem to be polite and kind. You never know for sure, but the show was appropriate, energizing, and made my daughter feel amazingly special. The show went on through rain, and the young men still performed their hearts out.
Contributor

Oh.....DO get ear plugs. Cuts out some high pitch screaming and we could hear music better.
Trusted Contributor

You'll have a great time. How exciting that you have had this to look forward to for 8 months! She will remember this concert for YEARS to come....and she went with her mom, too. Enjoy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Have a great time! For my DD's 13th b-day, I got the bright idea to take two of her friends and her to a Ricky Martin concert. I waited in line for tickets for hours on a pre-dawn Saturday. They opened the doors. Two people ahead of me got the last tickets. But wait - they came out and announced he was adding another show! So I was the second one in. The only problem was there was a two ticket per person limit. So she and I went. I didn't know what to expect. I actually was not looking forward to it, and I took my grocery coupons to organize! Our seats were so far up.

I ended up having a great time. Some people in front of us heard us talking and found out it was DD's birthday. Then an usher came over and moved her way down. There was only one seat, but I could see her from where I was! He put on a fantastic show, and DD was beaming the whole way home!

She still talks about it once in a while. Of course now she's "graduated" to attending concerts without mom, but we both remember that one!

You will have such a special time - enjoy!!! Smile