Super Contributor

Re: O/T My sister sent me this list of ""senior"" discounts for age 50 and over.

Wait - 30% off at BIG LOTS????? I'm gonna call them - I don't think that's correct.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T My sister sent me this list of ""senior"" discounts for age 50 and over.

The K-Mart in my area doesn't offer any senior citizen discounts. Thanks for the list though.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the list. A little off/on topic. If you have AAA auto card-there are some discounts with that. I recently had to get 100 copies made and the UPS store gave me a 15% discount for AAA membership.

Occasional Contributor

Publix does give a discount on Wednesday but it's 5%, not 15%. Kroger does the same. Just remember to ask.

Trusted Contributor

A Very interesting list, even though there might be some errors. I guess the thing to remember is to always ask - "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

Occasional Contributor

Good list. Thanks.

Super Contributor

In my area, Rite Aid and Walgreen's have senior day once a month.

Walgreen's is the first Tuesday of every month - 20% off everything with their labels, 15% off of everything else (not including prescriptions.)

Rite Aid is the first Wednesday of every month - 20% off of everything (not including prescriptions.)

In Rite Aid, I think you need the store discount card = wellness65+.

In Walgreen's, you need the store discount card + AARP card or proof of 60+.

Honored Contributor

I know Belks has "senior" day usually the first Tuesday and it's on the web site I believe; basically, it's a coupon.

Trusted Contributor

30% at Banana Republic? That is amazing. Hope it's for real!

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2014 vaccinia said:

30% at Banana Republic? That is amazing. Hope it's for real!

No, this one is not true either. {#emotions_dlg.sad} According to US News, Banana Republic offers a 10% discount every day to seniors. A ton of misinformation on this list but the true part is to always ask about a discount when you shop.