Honored Contributor

O/T Ladies who watch ABC's Scandal...

I miss the beautiful light pastel suits with all the seam work, pleats, and drape. Winter white, dove grey, and occasionally very light blue that Olivia Pope wore in season one. Olivia has lost that "Ivory girl" glow, somewhat, and her clothing reflects the negative change with darker clothing.

Which season's clothes do you prefer? This link discusses the change but you can google her clothes in year one.

http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/11/14/scandal-how-and-why-olivia-popes-style-has-changed/

Frequent Contributor

Re: O/T Ladies who watch ABC's Scandal...

I love that the article you posted mentions Olivia's ring. I'm semi-obsessed with it considering it's a simple gold band.

This season I've spent more time playing 'spot the fetus' then I have to Olivia's wardrobe (and I covet every one of her handbags), but one of my all-time favorite dresses is the short Valentino with the black lace around the waistline. Lisa R. did a similar dress for GILI which I bought and it looks pretty good - but I'd love to try the real thing.

There was a "Scandal" skit on SNL last night. Lena Dunham's character was this goofy naïve weirdo who said stuff like 'Omg you dress so nice and tailored! You look like you're going to a wedding!' It was a but funnier than I'm making it sound.

Honored Contributor

Kerry Washington is about 8 months pregnant, so of course her wardrobe had to change.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't started watching Season 3 yet. We will watch on Netflix. I am so sorry to hear that Olivia has changed her style. Her beautiful neutrals were such an inspiration to me. I dream about owning her white coat, but know that I would have it dirty in five minutes flat! {#emotions_dlg.sad}