Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 erica g said:

She was really, really thin before she got sick so I don't believe a word she is saying.

I am thinking that way. I opted out of Tamoxifen myself. It was a personal choice. That said, I probably know, or have run into 200 cancer patients over the years who have taken, or take it. I talk to them at Events and such. Not one I know of lost weight. Most all gained at least 10 lbs. A huge side effect is uterine problems as well. But it saves lives.

I think she likes being thin, is very weight conscience, and is covering up with Tamoxifen issue. She has had such a back lash, might be damage control. If she likes being thin, so be it. Her choice, and really it is none of our business.

ETA

I was just thinking, Tamoxifen can cause depression, and other disorders, that might make some less hungry?

Trusted Contributor
She may talk too much but give her a break. She's been through H E double L the last couple years. She seems like a nice woman and doesn't deserve this crud. I hope she just backs off from the entire industry and disappears for a while.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2015 LipstickDiva said:

There is a long list of side effects with Tamoxifen but weightloss or anything you would think could cause weightloss like nausea and/or vomiting is not a side effect.

Me thinks she's not being honest. In previous interviews she has said she is an eater, loves her food but has a fast metabolism. She said she thought it would catch up to her but so far it hasn't.

Now all of a sudden it's from the Tamoxifen.

My mother took Tamoxifen and weight loss is indeed listed as a side effect.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2015 winamac1 said:
On 4/9/2015 annabellethecat said:

I always liked her. It's her husband I CAN'T STAND. In the dictionary his picture would be next to the term Alpha Male. Ugh! I used to watch their show. I have seen her on more than one occasion BEG him to hold that baby and he'd joke and ignore her request. He takes the baby everywhere. I never got the idea she didn't WANT to hold and be with the baby she even jokes and calls him a "baby hog".

After everything (it was all on during their show) she went through (almost died) from trying to have a baby, I thought she'd given that up. She said she only had one egg left for the surrogate to use. Maybe they used that up when the last one didn't take.

My guess is her husband being the way he is would rather have a baby or have a surrogate. He'd buy a house and THEN show it to her (in his beloved Chicago).

Anyway, I think she loves her job. She is from Maryland (not far from me). I know of people who knew her growing up. They all say she was a nice person even after she started making a name for herself. She was always kind. She's very family oriented with her parents.

I think she's scary thin too. However, we cannot judge another person when it comes to weight. It is difficult to watch on TV someone so thin. I guess if she maybe wore something at least that wasn't sleeveless, it might help her to look a little heavier. I think in her world thee's no such thing as too thin!!

I really like her husband!

I like her husband too. I have always thought from his Apprentice days that he was a great guy.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

She said FP would not go forward in the same format. She was really chatting up that fact so IMO its just talk. The show is dead.

I don't know how anyone gets through having two breasts removed. I know she elected to do this. Surgery is no picnic with the scars on her body and then trying have a child, one which they have and another one.

A LOT of thin shaming going on. Maybe the Tamoxifen killed her appetite and made her nauseated. Just because some gain weight doesn't mean all will.

Regular Contributor

I think she loves the attention she gets when everyone talks about her weight and has no desire to put on some pounds.

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/9/2015 LipstickDiva said:

There is a long list of side effects with Tamoxifen but weightloss or anything you would think could cause weightloss like nausea and/or vomiting is not a side effect.

Me thinks she's not being honest. In previous interviews she has said she is an eater, loves her food but has a fast metabolism. She said she thought it would catch up to her but so far it hasn't.

Now all of a sudden it's from the Tamoxifen.

My mother took Tamoxifen and weight loss is indeed listed as a side effect.

Irish

It is not a common side effect. But it happens. I can't even begin to list the people I know who have taken it. That tells you how wide spead breast cancer has become! I almost took it for my cancer, but researched i,t and opted out for me and my health. I think what it CAN do is cause other problems like liver problems, depression and a colon problems that do cause weight loss. Also, tamoxifen does not mix with fats and some carbs. This can have a direct effect on gaining weight, Also, you have to exercise more and eat better, and weight gain can be avoided. Sometimes the anxiety from cancer and the darn treatments everyday cause one to loose weight. I lost several pounds from that alone! But the average person taking Tamoxifen gains 10 lbs. But as I said, anything can happen with the disease as we all know, and my research was all a few years ago. All my friends over 50 gained with Tamoxifen. But we seem to gain anyway, LOL!

How is that precious grandson? When do we get another pic? He has the cutest smile! I still see him in that swing, with his little bear suit! LOL! Cute

Regular Contributor

Since I stopped watching ENews I don't know much about the celebrity world. Guiliana was my favorite on that show. She was funny, classy, and spoke her mind. But I just had to stop watching since most of the show was about the Kardashians and then the addition of Maria Menounos on the program. I found myself fast forwarding that I ended up only watching about 20 minutes of the show. But glad to hear Guiliana is doing well.{#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Honored Contributor
My sister is currently on Tamoxifen and weight loss has not been an issue or mentioned to her my her dr as a possible side effect. I think Guiliana looks dangerously thin and there are supplements she can take to lessen any ""side effects"" from the meds if it is truly causing her to continue to lose weight . I hope she is staying closely monitored by her doctor. She looks quite weak and gaunt.
Super Contributor

I think she's full of it, jmho!