Super Contributor

O/T: Do you find the evening news to be overwhelming?

My profession requires me to be informed about world events. Lately, though, I find myself avoiding news shows and even the newspaper.

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the volume of tragic news that is reported from all over the world?

Super Contributor

Re: O/T: Do you find the evening news to be overwhelming?

Watch some housewives reality shows.....it will toughen you up for real life and world news will seem tame!
Honored Contributor

My profession requires me to be informed about politics with an eye on how world events impact that, but I get all my news from FB and Twitter.

But, I just need to know something happened, I don't need details. I rarely click on links. I know what's going on but I don't have the visuals which makes it easier to sleep at night.

Plus, tv news is not even news anymore. It's all commentary.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I watch the local news and the world news. I watch them ONCE.

Too much news is bad for your health.

Super Contributor

I have to agree. I no longer read a daily newspaper, and often miss the national news.....things I would never have imagined doing. (And I am not proud to admit that!)
Valued Contributor

I am a news junkie. I want to know everything that is going on. How can you not? Please become informed. Too much news is NOT bad for your health, it is in YOUR interest that you know what is happening in the world, especially now that Russia is the GeoPolitical threat a lot of us knew. Gosh, don't hide from the news. This upsets me that some of you are not watching, not listening. You just have to become informed. Girls...pay attention, what happens in the world is important!!!

Honored Contributor

I watch national news, but I don't care for the local "murder report"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I watch it, but it's scarier every day lately. I like European Journal on PBS.
Respected Contributor

Yes. DH can never understand this. I would rather have something else on in the background. I can watch news but sometimes it is quite a drag. I've always been a bit sensitive this way.

Valued Contributor

How can what is happening in the world "be a drag?" Really? Do you not know how important it is to you, to your friends, to all of America? Cyndog, I watch European Journal too and I watch other channels with news from around the world along with our news. I am hungry for information and don't understand why you younger gals just toss it off. Disturbing.