Honored Contributor

I love Christmas music, mostly older stuff, not so much new stuff. I prefer the 40's sound or the traditional hymns, with classical thrown in. I listen to Christmas music all year, but just like I do all other forms of music, a little here, a little there. I don't really like one type of music for too many hours or days on end. I really like to mix it up. I enjoy classical, big band, 70's, some rap, country, current pop, blue grass, and even Broadway musical stuff. I really like to mix it up.

Contributor
I love the older Christmas music. If I never have to hear Bruce Springsteen screaming ever again I will be happy.
Honored Contributor

ANYTHING but Trans Siberian or Burl Ives! Gag!

Honored Contributor

Or Mariah Carey cranked up at the local Walmart !

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/25/2014 annabellethecat said:

I love all Christmas music.

me too!

Esteemed Contributor

I share an office suite with a young lady who begins listening to Christmas music on Pandora, right after Halloween. When she starts this, I call her Noel. She told me this week her baby's middle name will be Noel if it's a girl. Due in May. Gotta think of a guy's Christmas name! Balthasar, perhaps? Gaspar?

I worked seasonal retail for years when we had kids at home. There's some great Christmas songs out there, but some I just can't listen to - overkill during retail days.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 ury said:

I share an office suite with a young lady who begins listening to Christmas music on Pandora, right after Halloween. When she starts this, I call her Noel. She told me this week her baby's middle name will be Noel if it's a girl. Due in May. Gotta think of a guy's Christmas name! Balthasar, perhaps? Gaspar?

I worked seasonal retail for years when we had kids at home. There's some great Christmas songs out there, but some I just can't listen to - overkill during retail days.

Actually for a girl its spelled Noelle and for a boy its Noel.

Holly Noelle is a nice combination too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I get really tired of traditional Christmas music. I do love instrumental Christmas music.

Target has a huge Christmas music CD display next to their Christmas tree and decorations section. If you're looking for any type of Christmas music CD, that's the place to go. I've never seen so much Christmas music in one place.

Super Contributor

You'll be fine. Try using an iPod or find another station. I personally love it. I also love that the Hallmark channel had already started showing Christmas movies 24/7 on two stations! But, if I get tired of them, I TURN THE CHANNEL. It's not that hard!

Contributor

Not only do I love Christmas and Christmas music, but I particularly love choral music in all its rich glory! In fact, I have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's performance with Renee Fleming saved on my dvr to watch when the mood strikes me. What a performance!

Well sung choral Christmas music and hymn's seem to be disappearing in time, one more cultural accomplishment that just isn't important or viscerally attractive to most people today.