Super Contributor

Love Christmas music-well most of it. I've been listening to Christmas music for the past month-not by choice- my 9 year old is in a Christmas musical and has been singing all her songs. Some days I've had to say go practice in your room.

Super Contributor
On 11/24/2014 insomniac said:

It irritates me that Christmas music on the radio and TV disappears right after Christmas Day. (After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and the 25th is only Day One.)

I totally agree! I happen to love Christmas music, and I turn the radio station on as soon as it switches. It bugs me no end that they are already advertising the return to "regular" music on the 26th.

If they want to limit it to x number of days, I wish they would wait until the Sunday before Thanksgiving and keep them going awhile longer. Of course, my family celebrates Epiphany with the giving of three small gifts, so our Christmas season isn't over until January 6th.

Respected Contributor
On 11/24/2014 Kathleen said:

My cable system has a bunch of Music Choice channels ... one of them is Sounds of the Season. I frequently have either that channel or Soundscapes channel on in the background.

I like to turn on my cable provider's "Sounds of the Season" channel when I'm getting ready in the morning. Sometimes at night, too. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music, but the last couple of days I've been tempted to turn it on now. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor
On 11/24/2014 insomniac said:

I adore Christmas music! I have a senior citizen choral group, and we're scheduled to do 15 volunteer programs during December. In addition, I'm in a duo with a friend of mine, and we'll also be presenting 4 programs.

I've been rehearsing Christmas music, therefore, for a while now--and I never tire of it.

It irritates me that Christmas music on the radio and TV disappears right after Christmas Day. (After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and the 25th is only Day One.)

Absolutely agree!!!!!!!!
Respected Contributor

I adore Christmas music - I can't wait for a dozen or more renditions of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer".

However, 24 hours a day of anything gets monotonous, so I do what I do when my least fav hosts or vendors come up on QVC - change the channel.

Here in New Orleans, people can't seem to wait until Christmas is over to start the Mardi Gras celebration. We gave that one up years ago!

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/24/2014 VCamp2748 said:

A little bit, on Christmas Eve & Christmas & I try to find classical holiday music so it doesn't get boring. I mean, how many times can I hear "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" before imploding?

It's my favorite song. DS made me a cd with 23 versions. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor
On 11/24/2014 Mary Bailey said:
On 11/24/2014 VCamp2748 said:

A little bit, on Christmas Eve & Christmas & I try to find classical holiday music so it doesn't get boring. I mean, how many times can I hear "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" before imploding?

It's my favorite song. DS made me a cd with 23 versions. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You have a super cool DS, Mary Bailey!
Honored Contributor

Johnny Mathis rules!

skip, Alvin & the chipmunks and the barking dog.

{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Sharke said:

Johnny Mathis rules!

skip, Alvin & the chipmunks and the barking dog.

{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Add to the Christmas Songs from Heck Juke box-- Dominick the Donkey & Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.

Keep The 12 Pains of Christmas-- that one is funny.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Nowdays, with cable tv and computers, nobody should be listing to anything but what they want to listen to. There are simply too many choices and many free choices to listen to something you don't want to listen to.