Trusted Contributor

O/T BEWARE--TTapp is Being Promoted on Other Treads

As I have posted elsewhere, BE VERY CAUTIOUS IF YOU DECIDE TO USE TTAPP!!! I used her exercises for couple of days in order to tighten my upper arm muscles and injured myself to the point that I could no longer reach my arms backward without pain! It took months of being very careful in reaching for my upper arm muscles to return to normal.

I would never recommend TTAPP!

Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T BEWARE--TTapp is Being Promoted on Other Treads

OOPS! That title should read ""Other Threads.""

Esteemed Contributor

I saw your other posts and out of curiosity checked out the site. Never heard of her. Just what are her credentials?

JMHO since I weight train hard with heavy weights, it looked like a bunch of horse hooey to me.

So how did you injure yourself so severely after a couple of work outs using no weight?

Regular Contributor

There are very many others who have had wonderful results from T-tapp. I don't use it anymore, but have some of her dvds. It is similar to callenetics with micro moves. As with any exercise, you have to only push yourself as far as you are able while you work up to some moves...But I found most of her moves on the basics workouts to be pretty do-able for all levels.

Trusted Contributor

Some years ago I saw her on TV and found her on youTube. Tried one of her toning upper arms w/o weights videos. Did the exercises twice and the pain began.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Karsa said:

There are very many others who have had wonderful results from T-tapp. I don't use it anymore, but have some of her dvds. It is similar to callenetics with micro moves. As with any exercise, you have to only push yourself as far as you are able while you work up to some moves...But I found most of her moves on the basics workouts to be pretty do-able for all levels.

That's fine, but I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to experience what I did as a result of TTapp.

Regular Contributor

On 4/5/2015 seaside shopper said:
On 4/5/2015 Karsa said:

That's fine, but I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to experience what I did as a result of TTapp.

And that is also fine, but Teresa Tapp has been around for years and your experience is rare. She gives very detailed instructions in her workout dvds. I had good results, but in the end, found the workouts weren't my style, so I moved on. I am sorry it didn't work for you, but I think it is unfair that you are telling people not to use it and calling it dangerous based on your experience. Your thread title tells people to "beware". Just because you injured yourself when using it, does not mean that it is dangerous and that others can't use it successfully. If done correctly, t-tapp is very effective.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Snowpuppy said:

I saw your other posts and out of curiosity checked out the site. Never heard of her. Just what are her credentials?

JMHO since I weight train hard with heavy weights, it looked like a bunch of horse hooey to me.

So how did you injure yourself so severely after a couple of work outs using no weight?

Well said, I too train insane, I powerlift as well and from the looks of this gimmick injury would have been looming to have prevailed from that stuff. Fitness is my profession and the infomercial stuff is to play on your impatience and vanity, as is most other things in life. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I also have been in the fitness industry for many years and one of the reasons I couldn't stick with t-tapp is that I also like to train more intensely...but this has its place or niche, and many love it. I say to each their own. I like to mix it up. Even though I like intensity, there are forms of intense workouts that I don't like, but I know others do...so I move on. This appeals to a different group of people....I am a big believer in whatever gets you moving is a good thing. Though I agree...not sure how you could severely injure yourself with this style of workout.