Esteemed Contributor

Nygard files for bankruptcy protection in Canada

I don't know if you have followed the icky news about Peter Nygard, but he's the owner of the Nygard clothing line. Ugh, it's so embarassing to know that this creepy guy is a Canadian. Anyway his company has filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada as his company needs to restructure. 

No matter what, I won't be purchasing Nygard clothing again.

From CBC news:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/nygard-company-restructuring-sexual-assault-class-action-1.5...

Nygard company restructures finances in midst of sexual assault class-action lawsuit against owner

Honored Contributor

Re: Nygard files for bankruptcy protection in Canada

The allegations are certainly disturbing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I don't know if you have followed the icky news about Peter Nygard, but he's the owner of the Nygard clothing line. Ugh, it's so embarassing to know that this creepy guy is a Canadian. Anyway his company has filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada as his company needs to restructure. 

No matter what, I won't be purchasing Nygard clothing again.

From CBC news:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/nygard-company-restructuring-sexual-assault-class-action-1.5...

Nygard company restructures finances in midst of sexual assault class-action lawsuit against owner

@TY   I was a big fan of Nygard and purchased a lot of clothes from his line.  I learned about this recently and it made me sick to think I had spent so much money on his clothing and encouraged others to buy from him.  

Similar to the Einstein-Weinstein empires but not on a large scale.

Honored Contributor

He's also being investigated by the FBI for activities in the US

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I also bought a lot of Nygard clothing a few years ago so I feel the same way you do.

I read articles earlier last month that Dillard’s department store stopped selling Nygard clothes in the U.S. and I just looked at The Shopping Channel in Canada and they have also removed all the Nygard clothes from their website.

I’m sympathetic to the clerks who work in Nygard owned stores as they are older women 50 and up working there and it probably would not be easy for them to get another job in the mall but I still won’t buy from Nygard again. It was also apparently an open secret in Winnipeg, Manitoba where the Nygard HQ is located what an awful person Nygard was to work for.

Honored Contributor

Goodness!  Thank you for posting. @TY .  I have some well loved pieces that are Nyguard.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not familiar with most of the Nygard brands and don't remember seeing them in stores that I frequent but I do believe years ago there was a TanJay store at an outlet mall.  I was always intriqued by the name because I had never heard of it before.

Several years ago I was in Canada and bought a few pieces by Alia at a store or two.  Good thing I don't wear (or even have) them anymore.  I did really like them at the time though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I know the brand, and I had a couple of tops several years ago. Don’t own anything currently. 

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Nonametoday 

I also bought a lot of Nygard clothing a few years ago so I feel the same way you do.

I read articles earlier last month that Dillard’s department store stopped selling Nygard clothes in the U.S. and I just looked at The Shopping Channel in Canada and they have also removed all the Nygard clothes from their website.

I’m sympathetic to the clerks who work in Nygard owned stores as they are older women 50 and up working there and it probably would not be easy for them to get another job in the mall but I still won’t buy from Nygard again. It was also apparently an open secret in Winnipeg, Manitoba where the Nygard HQ is located what an awful person Nygard was to work for.

@TY   Back in the fall/winter, they had a big deal whereby you bought one Nygard piece and got one at half price or less.  I cannot recall exactly what.  I regret to say but I bought 8 pieces (4 of which were whold price and 4 at the lower price).  Alas.  I actually like Karl Lagerfeld much better.  Poor Karl, pushing up daises and now I find that he was used and abused by a sexual pervert.

Honored Contributor

I just read up on this Nygard man.  Wow - he's another Jeffrey Epstein character.  Had no idea.  Disgusting.