Honored Contributor

Re: Nygaard Pants on Evine

[ Edited ]

I buy Nygard pants.  In Dillard's, they are in the $70-80 range, depending on what you get but are far better as far as durability than the Eileen Fisher (next door in my store to PN) for 2-3 times the price. IMHO, they are superior in quality to EF brand at 2-3 times the price since her quality has deteriorated so much over the past few years.  

PS  His line runs much smaller than the QVC clothing and actually is smaller than some of the other brands sold at Dillard's.

Trusted Contributor

My two pants arrived. They are well made and have heft to the fabric. I am disappointed because I followed the size chart specifications and ordered   according to my measurements. They are too small. They fit but very tight and I would worry about any kind of shrinkage after washing. So I will return for the next size up. This is why I really have to stop buying clothing on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@gigy 

Yes, fit is an issue. I own some Nygard Slims knit denim jeans and in those I would take a size Large but in the shorter 29" length if they are the skinny (which is really a stovepipe or straighter leg opening). In the leggings I would take their regular size. I am not a petite though. In their sharkbite tunic tops I am generally a size large in those but I've also bought them in a size XL in the same identical tops in their Alia ADX line. Nygard is a Canadian brand but most of their clothes are made in Indonesia or overseas somewhere. In Canada before Sears Canada closed, they were available there. Hudson's Bay no longer carries their line. The mall stores Tanjay N' Alia stores carry Nygard brands and so do Nygard stores and outlet stores.

I've also shopped for Nygard at the Dillard's department store in Las Vegas. The Dillard's store is at the far west end of the Fashion Show Mall - the opposite end of the Las Vegas Strip entrance to the Fashion Show Mall. The Nygard brands of women's clothes including the Allison Daley line is on the 2nd floor of Dillard's.

For some background information the former president of Evine, Anne Martin-Vachon, brought the Canadian brand Nygard line to Evine as she used to be the president of The Shopping Channel in Canada where the line is also sold before she moved to Evine. She was only at Evine for about 4-5 months though and at The Shopping Channel for just under 2 years. She tried to rebrand TSC as "Today's Shopping Choice" but I don't think that went over very well and once she left TSC, they dropped that nickname for The Shopping Channel.

Honored Contributor

@TY 

Seems that she brought in a few high-end Canadian brands. I'm surprised to hear she's gone. Is the new president also Canadian?

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@TY 

Seems that she brought in a few high-end Canadian brands. I'm surprised to hear she's gone. Is the new president also Canadian?

I don't think so. Anne Martin-Vachon is Canadian though, she was also a former CMO at HSN before she was the President of The Shopping Channel in Canada. The announcement that she was leaving Evine was back in January and the former CEO of Evine took over her duties but he's also left after Evine got funding to carry on by Invicta watches. It's been musical chairs in the executive suite at Evine!

Trusted Contributor

Sent them both back for the next size up and switched the stone color ( which was very beautiful ) just made my thighs look too big, for a another black.

Respected Contributor

I have Nyguard from Evine and I like them very much. I always size up in this brand. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nygaard Pants on Evine

[ Edited ]

@gigy wrote:

My two pants arrived. They are well made and have heft to the fabric. I am disappointed because I followed the size chart specifications and ordered   according to my measurements. They are too small. They fit but very tight and I would worry about any kind of shrinkage after washing. So I will return for the next size up. This is why I really have to stop buying clothing on TV.

@gigy   See my post.  I told you they run smaller than even B&M.  Mine have never shrunk and they do have give but I buy one size larger than my B&M size.