Esteemed Contributor

Nuage puffer coat material

[ Edited ]

How does it react to the sharp end of a pin?  Does a hole remain when the pin is removed?

Thanks in advance. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Busts puffer coat material

I don't know if it's called a puffer coat but I purchased and received that coat that was on air about 1 1/2 months ago.

It is made in Canada.  It has down in it.  I swear that coat could be worn in the Artic!  Ha!

It's way too hot to be worn in any kind of weather we get here in Virginia.

I just mailed it back yesterday.  It's beautifully made and is extremely warm.

It was laying on the couch when my daughter came by last Saturday.  She laughed and asked if I was taking a trip to the Artic soon!  She said, "Mom!  That coat is way too warm for our weather here."

You might look into that coat if you want something extremely warm @esmerelda.

If you are intersted, I can look on things I've bought and find the item number.

I bought it in white.  The material is amazing!  It's supposed to be machine washable.  

As far as other puffer coats, this same daughter lives in some of her's (evn in the summer she'll have the thing on).  She's very tiny.  It doesn't seem to get in her way or bother her.

Respected Contributor

Re: Busts puffer coat material

I once put a Christmas pin on a nylon puffer coat and it did leave a tiny hole where the pin was pricked through. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nuage puffer coat material

Sorry everyone. I should have proofread the title before posting. It should have been NUAGE, not Busts.  I hate auto correct, especially when it’s nowhere near what is intended. 

I did catch and delete the word “cheddar” in the post. Yes...cheddar. 

@itsmagic  That info is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I have one and love it!  If I find it’s a little warm, I’ll use the zippers. It’s beautiful and very comfortable.  Sorry you didn’t like yours as much.  

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

What I appreciate is the water repellant  feature in the wet sloppy snow. There is no down used all polyester fill to -4 degrees.  It stretches and moves.  Plenty of room to layer.Washes up well as I get make up on the collar alot. No pin holes from my pins. I walk all year long and one day it will be a high of -2 next week. I live an hour from Lake Superior so know a lot.

I own two long  Nuage coats and recently bought a shorter one. The zipper gets stuck and it is maddening. I never thought as much as totally love the other two. The reviews are nearly all indicating the same issue with the zipper. Most  posters sent back because of the zipper.