Honored Contributor

Nuage Lightweight down coat from last Winter

I  bought    A343271  Nuage Packable Jacket with Removable Hood, last October, since it is a lighter jacket I wore it a handful of times.

I put it on for the first time this season and wow it feels like a windbreaker, all of the down is gone. So sad to only get on seasons wear out of it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Nuage Lightweight down coat from last Winter

Did the down flatten out?  Try washing the coat and drying it with tennis balls.  It should fluff the down back up.

Honored Contributor

The down can smash down to get packed but it doesn't disappear.  It probably just needs fluffing like @Carmie  said.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

No it did not flattern, there is no longer any down in the sleeves, as I said I felt like I was wearing a windbreaker

@Carmie wrote:

Did the down flatten out?  Try washing the coat and drying it with tennis balls.  It should fluff the down back up.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I have worn down for 30+ years, it is gone, I can feel both sides of the fabric

@Kachina624 wrote:

The down can smash down to get packed but it doesn't disappear.  It probably just needs fluffing like @Carmie  said.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

This is a wild guess, if you never saw any down coming out of the coat, could it have slipped into the coat?   Maybe, it wasn't stitched in such a way to keep it in the sleeves.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

It is not a squar stiched or diamond the down is more in channels if that makes sense

@Foxxee wrote:

@I am still oxox 

This is a wild guess, if you never saw any down coming out of the coat, could it have slipped into the coat?   Maybe, it wasn't stitched in such a way to keep it in the sleeves.  

Esteemed Contributor

Where would the down go?  Is it now running amok on the floor of your closet?

I'd contact the Nuage company to tell them.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @I am still oxox ...long time..hope you are well.

I hope I don't come off snarky here, but...where do you think the down went??  Obviously, things don't just disappear into thin air. 

This is grasping at straws, but could the down have decomposed?  When you rub your fingers over the material, do you feel a gritty residue trapped in between the two sides of fabric, for example?  Could the sleeves have been filled with something other than down that dried up and crumbled? 

I'm more than intrigued as to where the down could have gone...I'm baffled.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~