Honored Contributor

Now we have distressed sweaters

[ Edited ]

When will it end?  I think it was Kirsten who had on this holey sweater several weeks ago.  I thought it was a fluke, but saw another one the other day that was not nearly as bad.  Is QVC selling distressed sweaters now, or are these owned by the hosts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Now we have distressed sweaters

@depglass LOL well I seldom watch shows where she is the host so I wouldn't have seen it.

Heaven knows if QVC is selling them or not -- since we're all just being comfy cozy at home you know!  

I already have distressed looking clothes that I wear only when I am doing something where I don't want to ruin my clothes.  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

they've been in stores for years. it's not a new thing. i haven't seen qvc selling it though. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah these tops and sweaters have been around for awhile.  I've seen some with subtle fraying at the neckline and sleeves all the way to holes.  Not my thing but to each her own.

Esteemed Contributor

Even Martha S offered jeans with hole in the knee.  Might still be on her product page.........don't know.

For me - it's a stupid concept.............

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

When will it end?  I think it was Kirsten who had on this holey sweater several weeks ago.  I thought it was a fluke, but saw another one the other day that was not nearly as bad.  Is QVC selling distressed sweaters now, or are these owned by the hosts?

@depglass   It will end when consumers stop buying!  As long there is a market there will be suppliers.  I don't like many trends, styles even some designers but so what, I pass on bye and don't criticize others for their choices. The more diverse offerings the more everyone can find what they like.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass   if QVC sold just what I might want to buy, they could be on the air about an hour a week and show it all. 

Because that would not make for a viable business, I see no reason QVC cannot offer whatever they think they can sell.  I learned how to say "no, thank you" years ago."

As an aside, I just came home from a trip to my favorite local clothing chain for inexpensive garments.  Many things could just as well be part of QVC's inventory, although to the best of my knowledge they only brand both carry is some NYDJ.

Honored Contributor

Was I dreaming or imagining this?:

Wasn't there a time when slit sweatshirts were a fad?

Opened, distressed slits in a couple/few spots.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I rarely watch QVC on TV so I didn't see that l but why would it bother you so much that you remember it?  Distressing, fringed hems, that worn vintage look are in style now.  Have been for quite a while but no one is ever required to buy and wear things they don't like.  You aren't the only QVC customer.  I've always been a fashion lover and there are many things I don't like for myself but I like seeing other women wear.  Fashion isn't just functional, it's also fun.  

Esteemed Contributor

Better idea.... let's take an old sweater, and cut holes in it ourselves. The jeans are one thing, sweaters and sweatshirts look just downright wrong.