Occasional Contributor
I am a first time poster. What do you suggest as guest attire for a November beach wedding in Florida?
Honored Contributor

Hi @Faimom -

Welcome to the forums!

I think of a flowing sleeveless maxi dress or lightweight cotton skirt with

light cotton blouse all in light colors and of course lovely sandals.

Like this maybe?Image result for dress for a beach wedding for guest

Image result for dress for a beach wedding for guest

white lace blouse pink peasant skirtImage result for white skirt and peasant blouse

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: November beach wedding

[ Edited ]

All I can think of is humidity so I would agree to go with something light and breathable.  I would also consider a hat depending on the circumstances.

Welcome to the Boards.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As someone who has a beach place in Florida, and sees a LOT of weddings in her "front yard", I'll suggest a few things.

* Don't wear a long dress or pants. They'll drag in the sand and besides being dirty, they will get damp. A dressy sundress, or skirt that hits mid calf is probably the way to go. 

* Don't wear heels. Sand. Enough said. 

* Depending on where in Florida you are, don't plan on it being warm. It might be and it might not. Last November, one weekend it was so cold that the wedding guests were wearing heavy winter coats. The next weekend it was broiling hot. This is in the Bradenton area. If it's a sunset wedding, it will get quite cool when the sun goes down. If you're wearing something sleeveless, make sure you have a wrap or jacket of some sort.

* If it's a daytime wedding, don't forget sunscreen - and don't forget that it can stain clothing. 

Most important - have fun!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

My friend went to a beach wedding, and from the photos, I saw she wore white, lose (almost wide leg) pants and a pretty print top.  If I were going, I think I would wear a knee-length skirt and a top, with maybe a pretty sweater in case it gets cold.  Chances are that it will be windy, so be prepared for that (with your hair and clothes).  Personally, I never saw the appeal of a wedding on the beach.  Have fun !

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I’m a resident. Where in Florida is the wedding and is it in daytime or evening? I can answer much more accurately if I know these details. 

Respected Contributor

Something like:

1901 Tie Back Halter Neck Dress, Main, color, BLUE FLORAL

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Occasional Contributor
The wedding is on a beach near Sarasota at 4:30 pm. A reception will follow at a restaurant. All of the replies have been kind, well thought out and helpful. I sincerely appreciate the time you all took to help me out!
Honored Contributor

@Faimom Welcome! I hope you'll let us know what you decide! So many wonderful choices.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have attended some beach weddings in the Sarasota area.  Those beach weddings can go from just very casual to high end.  I think you need to find out what yours is.  What does the invitation say? 

If you are not provided with any of these details, wear something like a pink coral in a chiffon, a turquoise in similar fabric or a linen.  You can wear linen year-round on cruise ships and in Florida.  I think these two colors or a marigold say fall wedding on the beach.  You might wish to bring a dressy cardigan or if you have a dress with a matching lightweight jacket. 

It can be cool in the evenings on the gulf with a breeze off the ocean, depending on how the weather is.  The mean weather in that area is 62 degrees that time of year so it could be cooler toward sunset, so you will need a sleeve.