Honored Contributor

@Faimom wrote:
The wedding is on a beach near Sarasota at 4:30 pm. A reception will follow at a restaurant. All of the replies have been kind, well thought out and helpful. I sincerely appreciate the time you all took to help me out!

O.K., you will be warm, but it will be a bit windy or breezy on shore.  Expect your hair to be ruined with salt air. No heels. If the restaurant is air conditioned you might need to bring a lightweight cardi, or wear a short sleeve dress or outfit. It can sometimes be very hot, even in November, so have a back up outfit for extreme heat. Sleeveless is fine, too, same with a 3/4 sleeve. I’d probably go with a 3/4, but it’s always a gamble. My niece’s wedding was in November and it was a daytime wedding. It was hot and sticky outdoors. I wore a 3/4 sleeve lace top. This was a very, very, casual wedding, in a pinball gallery, so I wore black jeans and pointed patent leather flats and black patent leather bag. The AC was on but the back entry doorway was propped open, letting in very warm air. My other niece was in sleeveless and she was comfortable. No wool, no genuine silk on the beach. If the reception is much later than the wedding, and you will be in a dressy place with AC on, you can wear anything. You can dress up in the hotel if the reception is much later. You can get away with a low block heel inside the restaurant.

Honored Contributor

CHI CHI LONDON Simoni Embroidered Chiffon Cocktail Dress, Main, color, BLUE

Honored Contributor

CHI CHI LONDON Yohana Satin Sash Cocktail Dress, Main, color, MINK

CHI CHI LONDON Yohana Satin Sash Cocktail Dress, Alternate, color, MINK

Honored Contributor

CUPCAKES AND CASHMERE Tie Shoulder Crepe Dress, Main, color, FUCHSIA

CUPCAKES AND CASHMERE Tie Shoulder Crepe Dress, Alternate, color, FUCHSIA

Honored Contributor

GAL MEETS GLAM COLLECTION Addison Cotton Tie Waist Fit & Flare Wrap Dress, Main, color, OLIVE

Honored Contributor

MAGGY LONDON Scalloped Crop Jumpsuit, Main, color, DARK TEAL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mindy, fyi...... paragraphs help the reader.

Honored Contributor

Tea-length-floral-dress-with-sleeves-for-mother-of-the-bride.jpg

I posted this on another wedding thread for a mother of the bride outdoor summer wedding. But I think it's perfect for the beach! You'll have to be careful with the shoes too!

Honored Contributor

@Faimom 

If you go with something simple and sleeveless I think this topper from ShopHQ is perfect for the beach. I wear them frequently for heavily a/ced restaurants here in South Florida

726-776_08_swatch.jpeg.jpg

It comes in many colors and the upside is that it's quite versatile. 726 - 776