Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nov 11th - Lisa Rinna TSV

I don't trust Q's sizing on any brand they sell.  And don't tell me to check the measurements, because I have and the items I ordered were too short or too big.  Only local stores for me where I can try things on and feel the fabric.   This particular sweater looks like dozens of others I've seen in stores for much less money.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Too expensive, too common and I can buy THAT at bargain prices just about everywhere.  It will probably end up on AS IS, Clearance, or on Zulily.  

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Too expensive, too common and I can buy THAT at bargain prices just about everywhere.  It will probably end up on AS IS, Clearance, or on Zulily.  

You are so right!  I purchased this exact top on clearance last year from Linea.  I got 3 colors and I love them.  They were offered at half this price, and I have since seen this style in storefronts as well.

Honored Contributor

Cargo pants, to me, are not that flattering on most women due to the pockets on either side of the thigh; am I the only one that thinks this when seeing these cargo leggings?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Cargo pants, to me, are not that flattering on most women due to the pockets on either side of the thigh; am I the only one that thinks this when seeing these cargo leggings?

I remember when Tim Gunn talked about the least flattering pants on anyone.......of course they were cargo pants and cargo leggings? Even worse.

I tuned in last night at midnight. I turned it off when a caller came on air and told her she was "classy."

Honored Contributor

The material of this top is thin. That's the nature of this material.  It isn't a thick, heavy or substantial sweater.  I have some tops in this material and I like it.  As long as the top is a darker color, it's okay.  However, lighter colors would more than likely require a cami underneath.

I am fine with the tops I have in this material because I don't like nor wear heavy sweaters anymore.  I just can't do it.  Because of the fabric content, tops in this material are a little more clingy as well. 

The material of this is nearly identical to a top I bought at Walmart for $9.87.  Both are poly/rayon/span but the percentages of each are slightly different.  I can't vouch for this top but I have washed and worn my WM top a number of times and there has been absolutely no pilling at all.    

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm not a cargo pants fan for me or a legging fan so the combo together to me is dreadful.  However, Lisa is very thin and can pull these off.  I've seen other women in cargo pants and leggings and they look fantastic.   

Respected Contributor

The style is cute but it looks really thin, and the price doesn't seem special at all.

I would rather get the Lou & Grey line from LOFT, which is what this sweater reminds me of, except the Lou & Grey line has softer, cozier fabric. LOFT has 40% off sitewide right now.

I'm not digging the flaps on the cargo leggings. They should've made it flat against the pants. I've seen some really cute leggings with zip and slip pockets at Athleta. They lie flat against the leg, unlike that big cargo flap.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I don't trust Q's sizing on any brand they sell.  And don't tell me to check the measurements, because I have and the items I ordered were too short or too big.  Only local stores for me where I can try things on and feel the fabric.   This particular sweater looks like dozens of others I've seen in stores for much less money.

I saw a Graver pant sized numerically: a size 2 had a 37" hip. Now that's just insane. My hip is 36".

Honored Contributor

She has a lunchtime special that looks very similar and includes a tank for $29 and cents.(a265399)

You can see how see thru it is and that must be why it has a tank.

It does not get good reviews from many-snags, see thru, sleeves placed oddly below shoulder seams, too large.

I think as others have said, all her things look like something you can find in any store for less than $20.

But if you wanted to try something you could try that.

She seems to like clothes that she wears which I don't think are anything new. I wore the same kinds back in the 70's and 80's. I don't like cowl necks on most and they do look old fashioned to me.

She likes a lot of caftan type things too which I don't and they only look good on tall people I think.(with maybe the exception of Joan Rivers who just seemed to radiate style no matter what she woreSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"