Esteemed Contributor

Noticed many Dennis Basso coats marked down up to $53 off

Just saw a Dennis Basso faux fur coat  that I bought was marked down $53 . I did receive a price adjustment .  I did not many other of his items  marked down . Is his coats  and items just being moved pre  after Christmas  sale  or is he only going to only provide  his new Hotel du Cobb ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Noticed many Dennis Basso coats marked down up to $53 off

Its to the point most of us seem to wait for some sort of sale price.  I don't think he's doing anything much different from the past.  Now this Hotel du Cobb thing, is it really spelled that way or is it Hotel du Cap?  (French)

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass- Source-Yahoo Finance-

The name Hotel Du Kobb is a riff on the nickname for Basso’s and his husband’s house in Water Mill, N.Y. “Over the years, close friends have come to our house and have said, ‘The service here — everything — is perfect just like the Hotel du Cap[-Eden-Roc] in the south of France,’” he said. “We used that as a representation. That is why we filmed it at our house, the Hotel du Kobb.”

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I never would have thought about checking a serious site.

Super Contributor

I purchased 2 of his coats in the past. They fit poorly and looked awful. Both were donated.

Honored Contributor

LOVE DB's FAUX FURS!

For many years before I retired in 2010, I bought myself a new faux (or two) each winter.  Since retirement - I've donated some and passed some along to my sister.  

I still have six of them in the closet ... including one of his fur lined "real" suede.   Two of them are "real coats" i.e. knee-length.