Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nothing in Isaac's new line excites me......

Looking for casual clothes, I carefully looked over all of Isaac's Soho collection. I was disappointed. I didn't find anything of interest there and was disappointed. I'm surprised there isn't a lot of cute things there. It didn't seem like he was very into it, either. Didn't buy a thing. 

Trusted Contributor

I realize that there are design teams, but I always felt Isaac had a lot of input into his designs, just by his excitement in presenting them, and also he would say he sketched some of the floral prints.  I'm thinking that something changed and others are taking over.  Maybe he's too busy at this point.  Lots of laughs about Shawns designs being used.  I agree that Bob Mackie has a lot of control over his designs, and also, Louis. 

Respected Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I realize that there are design teams, but I always felt Isaac had a lot of input into his designs, just by his excitement in presenting them, and also he would say he sketched some of the floral prints.  I'm thinking that something changed and others are taking over.  Maybe he's too busy at this point.  Lots of laughs about Shawns designs being used.  I agree that Bob Mackie has a lot of control over his designs, and also, Louis. 

I would be fascinated to know more about how the "solo" designers like Bob M or Louis D'O (or even Lori G) fit into the whole process -- is there a team at QVC with whom they work, who does the pattern-making, are they involved with fittings, etc. We know that there are large teams for lines such as D&Co, Susan Graver, Isaac, Quacker, GILI, LCNY, etc., but I don't quite know how the others work. Some of the "leads" mention a team quite frequently, and others don't.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@misschristy wrote:

I would be fascinated to know more about how the "solo" designers like Bob M or Louis D'O (or even Lori G) fit into the whole process -- is there a team at QVC with whom they work, who does the pattern-making, are they involved with fittings, etc. We know that there are large teams for lines such as D&Co, Susan Graver, Isaac, Quacker, GILI, LCNY, etc., but I don't quite know how the others work. Some of the "leads" mention a team quite frequently, and others don't.

NAT:  I think LDO and Bob Mackie are the real hands-on guys.  I often get the feeling Isaac has not seen any of his items until they show up.  Shawn is probably his conduit between the QVC team and him, and she probably faxes what is going to be highlighted that week and when he sees it , he is probably more awed than he anticipated and his words begin to flow.  However, I think BM and LDO are the only guys that work with their lines from drawning board to styling models for the QVC "runway."

Honored Contributor

Faxes?

Occasional Contributor

I have noticed the same thing - that he seems surprised at some of the clothing he has "designed."  I would say that perhaps it's the volume of clothing that his line constantly comes out with - however, Susan Graver does the same thing and although she often annoys me with her presentation - she is definitely informed about what she is selling.  Of course, I realize that they both have a team of people working on their respective lines.  I also have not seen much in the Soho line that I have been interested in purchasing.  I do have several pieces from both Isaac and Susan, although lately it seems with both of them that their items do not appeal to me nearly as much as they used to.  I wouldn't say I "dislike" Isaac's new collection - I, like you, just don't find anything that "exciting" about it.