Super Contributor

Re: Not user friendly/not going to work for me

There are many things that are no longer compatible with IE, not just this forum. It is the dinosaur of browsers and is on its way to extinction.
~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Respected Contributor

When I got this Windows 8 HP laptop I found that most of its issues were due to Internet Explorer, and on good advice switched to Chrome.  What a difference, never going back.  

Now with Windows 8.1 everything works great, including the rollout of these forums.  I see none of the problems everyone has been mentioning, and am having no issues at all, probably because of a newer computer and using Chrome browser.  I just have to figure out all the new features like tagging.  Have no idea what that is!

Super Contributor

The biggest problem I'm having right now is the lumping of Books, TV & movies.  I use to come here to read Lainey's Book thread but I have to go through all these other subjects to get to it.  

Respected Contributor

It's awful.  Why do I have to keep on clicking to read all the replies in a thread instead of just paging down like before.  I used to enjoy coming here, but it's not user friendly at all.  Are they trying to drive a lot of us away?

Super Contributor

Do you have to go to each category separately now instead of seeing all listed on the front page? I had to sign in over and over again and again.
Respected Contributor

Well, I'm signed in using Internet Explorer right now, and I have to say that some of the problems have been fixed.

There is no print on top of print, or shifting of things to the far right, problems that I was seeing the other day.

So Internet Explorer or Chrome, they both seem to be working.

I still dislike the black and white appearance; it's hard on the eyes.

I haven't posted any pictures, so I will have to see how that goes.

Valued Contributor

Check your settings/preferences.  Under the "Display" tab, mak sure the "Format for displaying posts" is set to LInear (or default).. Also set Topics List Discussion Style to Forums Style Only.  I tried the format as "Topic Style"  and it laid out every post individually, and you had to click on each one to read.  I couldn't change it back fast enough!  Play around and good luck!

I will say the layout is working a lot better for me today than it did the first two days.  (And I'm on IE)  It's not even jumping around on me while I type!  Now if they could just do something to make it not so hard on the eyes!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

Could it be I am on my iPhone? I don't see the settings feature. Maybe tomorrow I will try the laptop and see if it's better. Thank you!
Respected Contributor

I am STILL trying to figure it out. Everytime I come here, I can't even find the last thing I posted. I can't figure ANYTHING out! HATE+ HATE+ HATE IT!!!

Respected Contributor

Not user friendly for sure! And another thing I've noticed is that a topic gets poofed way faster if any negative comments. I've seen 3 go down so far. I guess we can only say good things now....no negative comments or POOF!