Respected Contributor

Re: Not a negative talker but have to say something

@lucymo wrote:

@Hawleywood Girl wrote:

Personally, I really like Shawn and don't mind her quirkiness although it does get a little juvenile sometimes, but still love her. With that being said, last night's show made me want to reach through the screen and strangle someone. The reason being, I wanted to see the new Isaac Mizrahi peplum shirt but each time the models came out, they had a sweater/jacket over it or something tied around it and the only model which was Jackie who was not wearing anything on top of it, was wearing the navy blue where you couldn't even see the details. For 10 minutes they went on and on about the beautiful details of this new shirt and I couldn't see a single ****** detail. How crazy is that? 

Sorry for for the long post.

@ThatsLife  That is a pet peeve of mine too.  I want to see the neckline on a model and they come out wearing a scarf or sweater and I can't tell what it looks like so I don't buy it.  Why not leave off the accessories so we can see details on the item they are selling.  I think we all know that we can add those things to the garment without them showing us what and how.  As for Shawn, I can tolerate her better than I can Amy but I just don't watch Monday nights anymore and that solves the problem for me. 

pet peeve:  when they do the model all in black -  so you can't see the detail on the clothes, and you really can't see how a shoe looks on a foot with black tights and black shoe, or long black pants that pretty much cover the shoe/boot.  i reach for the remote immediately -  lost sale.

Esteemed Contributor

I never watch any of the Monday night programming...actually I rarely watch QVC at all....I was never a fan of LR and haven't missed her since she left....but I prefer LR to any show SK does....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember the thread that asked "How would you run the Q?"

I have been racking my brain for months to provide specifics. There are some very good ideas here on this discussion strand, by way of critique.

When a business asks me for my opinion, that is a great opportunity to give valuable feedback.

Here's an idea: i.e.: peplum tunic:

1) show it plain on three models of different sizes

2) drape a scarf around the neck of one/a necklace on another/have the third one hold the purse that is being sold 

3) explain the sizing and point out specifics

Then I think: maybe the Q can't afford all of those models?

But, when they do have three out there, they are hovering pointlessly in the background.  IDK

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@My3brattykids wrote:

I like the shows. I agree, they get a lil wild w/interupting ect. And that I could do without, but I love the energy of most all the hosts. It's the designers that I don't like. They have this air about them. Almost snotty maybe? I like the guy designers, they don't seem bad but the women just nasty. I like Carole Hockman but besides her(I'm probably forgeting someone else I like) not really interested. And I've noticed, if I don't like the person, I won't buy their stuff.

You know, I think I am the same regarding if I don't like the vendor, I won't buy their stuff.

O/T Love, love, love your nic. Cute....Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack: I agree! I enjoy Inspired Style and Logo, and then I'll watch PM Style only if there's a sub. 

Honored Contributor

I don't love or un-love anyone, but there are more than a few hosts who can contradict themselves in the same sentence.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

It's not just Shawn but I've see other hosts, seasoned hosts, as well,  drive the hard sell and grasp at any reason, from tugging on our heart strings to the ridiculous, in order to push the product.   The good news is, we are not gullible.

And when did obie become a verb? 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Frequent Contributor

I try not to be mean.  I started a post about this subject and mentioned no one by name and even suggested it was my own fault for feeling frustrated and it was pooofed  for eliciting too many other negative remarks!  Shouldn't that give a clue as to how folks feel?  In the meantime, there are other threads still going strong, that are much more mean spirited than mine!

Honored Contributor

I don't like apostasy or heretics selling their religion for a fee.  It ain't that way in the real world.  God ain't for sale.  He is yours for the taking.

New Contributor

For a long time we had Lisa Roberts.  She was very professional and stylish.  I looked forward to what she was going to present because she was always calm and had a wonderful speaking voice.  She was calm and believable.  Now it has become a hot mess. I do not watch it anymore.QVC get it together. .