Honored Contributor

Re: Not Buying 2 Maxi Dresses

@SaRina

One for you and one for your gift closet, of course!  That way, when your friend who wears the same size stops by with a gift for you, you won't be empty handed.  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

My problem with the sets of two is that invariably I don't like one of the two colors. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes she was wearing her shaper. Renee would look wonderful in anything. She's in shape. Then add a shaper! Come on now. 😀😉
Esteemed Contributor

I would like 2 for 1 better if I were to chose the colors.

Honored Contributor

Okay but Qvc doesn't force any of us to buy anything.  I generally don't buy the two-fers either because I usually don't want two.  $40 isn't exactly a lot to pay for a dress so the $80 price for two is a good price for those who want the two dresses.  I love my maxi dresses but I never was into print dreses because I'm not a print person, I wouldn't wear a print dress often enough to make it worth the price.  And then I discovered Evine.  I bought a few of their print maxis for great prices and 6 easy pays which they offer frequently. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know if you got my point, @Chrystaltree.  Yes, I know we're not forced to buy anything, but if I happen to see a maxi dress that I love, but I only want the one in the print....and not just throw out $40 on the solid color maxi because I'm not at all interested in the solid....well, that's why I said I wish they wouldn't sell items in sets.  The result is....I buy nothing.  Bad for QVC...and a bit disappointing to me.

Same thing with jewelry.  If QVC sells a set of 3 bangles, for example, for $120, and I only want one, I'd rather have the option of buying one for $40. Here again, instead of my buying the one bangle I want, I buy nothing because I'm not going to spend $120 for 3 bangles that I don't want.

....when I could have had one, of course.  :-)

Valued Contributor

OH DEAR !!!!!   I love Renee's maxi's, and I really loved these.

I bought both choices, happily!  I think they are beautiful!  I have other maxi's of hers, and they fit so well!  When I saw her this morning, I got busy and ordered before they sold out, which they did within minutes.

I do not mind paying for quality and a great fit.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@I don't know if you got my point, @chrystaltree.  Yes, I know we're not forced to buy anything, but if I happen to see a maxi dress that I love, but I only want the one in the print....and not just throw out $40 on the solid color maxi because I'm not at all interested in the solid....well, that's why I said I wish they wouldn't sell items in sets.  The result is....I buy nothing.  Bad for QVC...and a bit disappointing to me.

Same thing with jewelry.  If QVC sells a set of 3 bangles, for example, for $120, and I only want one, I'd rather have the option of buying one for $40. Here again, instead of my buying the one bangle I want, I buy nothing because I'm not going to spend $120 for 3 bangles that I don't want.

....when I could have had one, of course.  :-)

I understood what you meant, I actually agreed with you.  I never buy the two-fers because invariably I don't like one of the choices.  We only differ in that, it doesn't bother me.  I don't care.  Obviously many women do like the two-fers otherwise Qvc wouldn't sell them.  They are probably quite popular.  Just not with me.  Bangles are an entirely different matter because most women do wear bangles in multiples and selling sets lets us have them all at once.  And it saves money.  And we are guaranteed to get the ones we want.  It would be incredibly frustrating to start building a set of bangles and then not be able to complete the set. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of having to buy sets of 2 either. Sometimes you only like or want one of them. As a few other posters said, it would be nice if the buyer could select any of the colors or prints so we could personalize the set and buy just what we want.