Honored Contributor

another advantage to moosejaw.....10% cash back via mr rebates and free shipping with $49+ orders.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I attempted to order a North Face coat for my daughter online on the website for a sporting goods store ( *ick's Sporting Goods) (this won't let me post the name because it has a word in it the sensor doesn't like.... initials of the store are DSG) and I had a coupon. The representative that I was talking to on the phone told me that North Face products were excluded from the coupon. However, by chance,a few days later I found myself IN that store near where I live. I found the jacket my daughter wanted and decided to buy it there at the store instead of online/on the phone. The cashier allowed me to use the coupon, and I ended up saving $20 on the jacket!

Honored Contributor

My daughters (the two that are athletic and out in the weather) love these coats. They do a lot of skiing and hiking, etc. They say they are well worth the additional money they cost. They tell me it's not just the name you're buying.

But be very careful of fake ones.

When my daughter was visiting her brother-in-law in Singapore and Hong Kong, she went to China and bought several REAL North Face coats. She got them very cheap.

I think you need to know what you are looking for (seams, etc) when buying what is supposed to be quality anything.

Consumer Reports magazine just did a whole story about people buying fake things thinking they were real.

Just make sure. You don't want to get cheated. Sometimes it isn't easy.

Respected Contributor

don't get me started on knock offs..I have issues with local sites I belong to allowing them..and then posting knock off parties..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I drive by a major outlet daily to work on my commute so I have access to North Face Outlet and they are fantastic prices....their tags have the reg price crossed out and then outlet price..I have compared them to the ones purchased in Sporting Goods stores and they are the same exact ones..if something is cheaper or short cuts I couldn't find it.

You will pay a fraction at the Outlets..and like I said if they are made for the outlets I could not tell and I looked!! Other then the tag lol

Respected Contributor

6pm.com has great deals on The North Face stuff. I've ordered from them, and they are a legit site (they are part of Zappos.com).

Here are some coats for women.

http://www.6pm.com/the-north-face-women-coats-outerwear/CKvXARDH1wFSAuIEwAEB4gIEGAEKAg.zso

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

If you love to shop you can catch good deals. Last year our Marshall's had many North Face jackets at the start of the season, its worth checking. This time of year, with the recent cold weather, they may be gone if they had them.

Contributor

I just ordered myself a northface jacket online at northface outlet and got a 2014 hooded denali for 1/2 price !

Honored Contributor
On 11/20/2014 CouponQueen said:

Usually North Face is excluded from almost all sales with the exception of the FF discount.

I found one for my daughter last year at backcountry.com on sale, but The North Face isn't usually included in discounts or sales. Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, and Patagonia are also quality brands that your granddaughter may like; my 13 year-old granddaughters prefer Mountain Hardwear now; I think Costco have them online right now if they aren't sold out.

Respected Contributor
On 11/20/2014 green girl said:

I just ordered myself a northface jacket online at northface outlet and got a 2014 hooded denali for 1/2 price !{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

This is what I found at that site:

Official North Face

THIS SITE IS A KNOWN COUNTERFEIT SITE SELLING COUNTERFEIT THE NORTH FACE® PRODUCTS.

Through the efforts of The North Face Apparel Corporation and our parent company, VF Corporation, we have shut down and taken ownership of this site and thousands like it. The North Face Apparel Corporation took this action to protect the integrity of THE NORTH FACE® brand and to protect the consumer from unknowingly purchasing counterfeit product.

Shop for authentic THE NORTH FACE®products only at our:

Respected Contributor

Absolutely right Hoovermom.

I had a friend on FB who went to this Michael Kors website..I told her it was fake..and she didn't believe me..I checked it out later and found this..

I tell them all the time the people resellign knock off and having knock off parties they go after them

http://gbcinternetenforcement.net/14-3736