Honored Contributor

There is a very interesting article about her in the new People magazine (Jan 25th). About her fashion and her life. She still designs fashion, she has a web site and some other sites carry her items.

She left her first husband and her brand, with $98 to her name she started her own brand-OMO Norma Kamali. On My Own

She made the iconic Farrah Fawcett red one piece swimsuit for that famous poster. It was a sample that she didn't like, she designed a better one for her customers.  Her signature piece is the sleeping bag coat.

She is 75 and swears by acupuncture face lifts, says she has never had a permanent cosmetic procedure. She is very into exercise and diet.

w1020_q80.webp

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

This is one of her jumpsuits. On a woman with a great body it's pretty fantastic.

NKAM-WC54_V1.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

IIRC Norma kept her husband's name, Kamali, when she divorced. They owned  a boutique together

She had a collection at Walmart a dozen years ago. Timeless styles...i still have 3 or 4 wrap dresses, pretty blouses,  city shorts, and a cool starfish tee. Everything was sold with nice hangers with her name printed on them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wonder if her pants are supposed to be twisted at the waist. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I wonder if her pants are supposed to be twisted at the waist. 

@San Antonio Gal 

And if the crotch is supposed to be hanging down like that?! LOL