Honored Contributor

I wish we had a Nordstrom's here.  Belk's quality in store is horrible.  The new(er) company is only interested in on line selling except for the large Southpark Charlotte, NC (the home of the Belk brothers) and a few other very large locations.

Other than private shops, quality levels like Ralph Lauren and the like can only be found at Dillards.

Respected Contributor

WOW!!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

ITA.  I ordered 2 dresses for my niece from Nordstrom yesterday - gift wrapped (which always adds in more processing time for other retailers IMO) - both were still shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

Aside from the direct web sites of clothing, this is the about the only store I shop.   I love the the clothing.  They are aways quality.  An example of this is Isaac's clothes.  The ones that are 100% cotton always shrink.  The 100% cotton I get from Nordstrom never shrink.  The tops have substantial material.  Never thin or flimsy like The Loft.  

Esteemed Contributor

Although I really do not think it's a laughing matter when a retailer cons their customers, but I had to laugh at @songbird your comment regarding Loft.  The last time I was in a Loft store I wanted to laugh at the inferior merchandise they were pushing off on their customers. I have seen better (quality) merchandise at Forever 21 (which I do not have a high opinion of).  For anyone on an extremely tight budget which won't stretch to Nordstrom's even at sale prices, please go to Target, H&M, and take your chances at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.   

Regular Contributor

I totally agree about Loft. I shopped there a lot when I worked (retired six years ago), but the quality is now nowhere near what it used to be. I do like their no-show socks, though. 

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

@Hawkfan83 wrote:

I totally agree about Loft. I shopped there a lot when I worked (retired six years ago), but the quality is now nowhere near what it used to be. I do like their no-show socks, though. 

I hated the Loft.  When I thought about going in there (I had wondered if it improved)  all that greeted me were clothes strewn all over the floor.  It was dirty and ugh...!  Tops still as thin as they used to be. Still lousy.  Hard to believe that store belonged to Ann Taylor.  I crave quality for clothes.  I still work.  I know there are a lot of retirees here.  But it's worth the extra money at Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

Nordstsrom is very good at shipping out and delivery; however, when I returned an item, it took 3 weeks before I received a credit.  The Q does way better on returns.

kindness is strength