Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstrom and Penney follow Macy's in reports of weak 3rd quarter sales

Macy's near my town, 70 miles away and the last time I was there-- things were looking shabby, esp. for plus size.  Your typical fabric that looks more like upholstery and wall paper designs - so I haven't been back since, for a while you could grab some things on line but even those have dried up.  I agree the economy is struggling they don't report unemployment properly.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

IF JCP sold tall's in the store, I would be there all of the time :-)  I must say, this fall season 'my store' has hit it out of the park for me.  It's been a long time since they've carried so many things that appeal to me, I order almost every other week.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I'm not having any problems shopping at both storefronts AND online.  I'm finding plenty, and I never step foot in Macys.  Need to mention my very favorite shoe store right now is DSW.  I'm like a kid in a candy store!  Yay!

Trusted Contributor

MomCat wrote:

I'm not having any problems shopping at both storefronts AND online.  I'm finding plenty, and I never step foot in Macys.  Need to mention my very favorite shoe store right now is DSW.  I'm like a kid in a candy store!  Yay!

I  agree with the sentence I bolded. And I really do not want to see all physical stores disappear. I like to get out and shop - in the mall or at a stand-alone store. Online shopping is only a supplement for me and I think shopping would be very tedious if the only way to buy things was online.

Honored Contributor

I love shopping Nordstroms online! I've seen an item in the store and then found it on their website $20.00 cheaper! That's significant! They also sell things on the website unavailable in the store.

I haven't shopped Penneys in years but I recall having issues with quality; they fell apart quickly.

Trusted Contributor

Poodle you must live in my town because that is exactly how our Macy's is.    Top floor two people.   I don't feel sorry for them as it's their own fault for not having enough help.   I too saw people in line a few days drop their items and leave.   And while I'm ranting is anyone else fed up with all of the rewards, coupons, points etc.   And let's not forget Kohls cash.  Seems it takes forward to place an order because of the codes etc.    I tried to order and item from Kohls.. it was $17+ and the shipping was $8.95.    Also tried to pu in my 30% off code and received 15%.   Needless to say I cancelled the order.    CS down and quality is down.   

Esteemed Contributor

The last time I was in Macy's was last February when we were on vacation in Las Vegas. We went to one that was in a mall on the Las Vegas strip. My daughter bought a winter coat on sale (it was 70 degrees during the daytime in Vegas in February) and paying for it took forever as the sales people were pushing their Macy's credit card instead of ringing up the transaction. At one point the sales person walked away from the cash register and never came back.

Who needs that kind of hassle? I also wanted to look at their I.N.C. clothes but that mall didn't carry it for some reason.  

Honored Contributor

I once stood near the front door of Ulta yelling ' I have money! I'd like to pay you!'

Prior to attempting to check out with my items I played sales associate to a friend I ran into in the store to help her find something (NO ONE was around).

I never thought I'd miss the days of the incessant 'may I help you' every other step you took...