Honored Contributor

Nordstroms just opened near my home.  I went in yesterday, very nice store.  Nice quality and really good prices.  I will be doing some Christmas shopping thereSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rack

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Nordstroms just opened near my home.  I went in yesterday, very nice store.  Nice quality and really good prices.  I will be doing some Christmas shopping thereSmiley Happy

@sunshine 919 I've been disappointed in the several I've been to - we have two where I live and I've also been to one in Florida.  The stores are nice.  But I don't think the prices - for the most part - are a great bargain.  They do have good prices on Dooney & Bourke and some other things like in their beauty and costume jewelry sections.  But I don't find the clothes to be great prices, and I find better prices on shoes at DSW - the Rack and DSW carry alot of the same brands.  I go and look but never find much there to buy.  I do usually like the handbags and totes.  Actually, it's good to go on the 25% off clearance prices days.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@sunshine 919 I've been disappointed in the several I've been to - we have two where I live and I've also been to one in Florida.  The stores are nice.  But I don't think the prices - for the most part - are a great bargain.  They do have good prices on Dooney & Bourke and some other things like in their beauty and costume jewelry sections.  But I don't find the clothes to be great prices, and I find better prices on shoes at DSW - the Rack and DSW carry alot of the same brands.  I go and look but never find much there to buy.  I do usually like the handbags and totes.  Actually, it's good to go on the 25% off clearance prices days.

Nordstrom Rack varies the quaity of merchandise according to the demographics of the shoppers in the area.  When I lived in Southern CA, I found that the Rack nearest me did not have the quality or quantity of upscale items that one a few miles away had.  I find the same here in Vegas...also, the CA ones had great designer jewelry (Ripka, Alexis Bittar, Ippolita, etc.)  - the Vegas stores have almost none - I have found great buys at Saks Off Fifth here - also at Neiman Marcus Last Call - expecially shoes!

Honored Contributor

@Sunnyfield wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Nordstrom Rack varies the quaity of merchandise according to the demographics of the shoppers in the area.  When I lived in Southern CA, I found that the Rack nearest me did not have the quality or quantity of upscale items that one a few miles away had.  I find the same here in Vegas...also, the CA ones had great designer jewelry (Ripka, Alexis Bittar, Ippolita, etc.)  - the Vegas stores have almost none - I have found great buys at Saks Off Fifth here - also at Neiman Marcus Last Call - expecially shoes!

@Sunnyfield  You quoted my post - however, my issue isn't with the quality of the merchandise, although some is from prior seasons, but rather the price.   It's not as cheap as I'd expect from an outlet store.  As I posted, DSW carries some of the same shoes and I've noticed they are around $5 cheaper for the same shoes.

Respected Contributor

they're opening a rack near me fairly soon and i'm anxious to see what it's like. the rack that i have been in is so crowded, the lines are so long and you have to pick through the merchandise. that doesn't appeal to me. 

i understand that timing is everything with these stores.  it may be tues or thurs the time to go to get the best deal and merchandise.  i have to find out for sure.

Honored Contributor

Our local Rack is in the basement of our regular Nordies's store, so they take the goods from upstairs when ready to mark them down, and take them down stairs. I have read ours is the only Rack in the country located in the regular store.

Trusted Contributor

we have a large Nordies Rack here and I could literally spend thousands there. I just went today and got a pair of pants that were selling at Nordstrom for $180, for 44.97. Great looking.

I also got a BCBG packable puffer coat for 89 that is selling for $150 at other stores.

I always find something. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

Boo hoo. The closest Rack to me is 235 mi or 4 hours of driving one way. I've shopped there, but not often because I don't like to drive that much.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

Nordstrom Rack has periodic "Clear the Rack" sales, usually on  holiday weekends, where they offer 25% off all clearance merchandise.  You have to be willing to take the time to look, but I've found some great deals on clothes, shoes, jewelry. and handbags.

Honored Contributor

@vac wrote:

Nordstrom Rack has periodic "Clear the Rack" sales, usually on  holiday weekends, where they offer 25% off all clearance merchandise.  You have to be willing to take the time to look, but I've found some great deals on clothes, shoes, jewelry. and handbags.

I agree, and I mentioned those 25% off clearance sales in my own post above.