Honored Contributor

Nordstrom Rack Clear The Rack Sale Extra 25% Off

Friday through Monday although usually it starts Thursday for Nordstrom cardholders (which wasn't mentioned in the TV commercial I saw). Extra 25% off clearance items.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rack Clear The Rack Sale Extra 25% Off

Thnk you for this update.

Honored Contributor

Bummer and warning. I resent that the following was not mentioned in the TV ad about this sale, nor were any signs posted on the store. If you.want the 25% off clearance, it's final sale! I found that out at the register when the cashier told me, after wasting time shopping around the store. I told her that has never been the case with Clear the Rack and she said it has since reopening after the pandemic.

The one store I went to (of two we have in town) was really bare; it had maybe 1/2 of its usual stock.

Super Contributor

Nordstrom has to sanitizie the items that are returned and wait a few days before they can resell them.

Honored Contributor

Addendum to prior email. I just talked to the manager. He walked me out to the lobby (which was out one set of doors before the outer doors) and showed me a sign in very small print on a fashion billboard that did say Clear the Rack items are final sale. He said that was for the preview today for Nordy cardholders and tomorrow when the sale was for everyone there will be big red Final Sale signs hanging from the ceiling. So, I stand corrected about the signs (having walked right past the tiny sign in the lobby today).
If you go to the sale this weekend you'll see them.

I still prefer the pre-pandemic policy where returns were allowed on Clear the Rack items!
Super Contributor

Yes, and I prefer the pre-pandemic days of everything.

Respected Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

Nordstrom has to sanitizie the items that are returned and wait a few days before they can resell them.

Yes, that's what Nordstrom told me when I asked about purchasing items that have been returned.

Honored Contributor

I just came back from our other Rack which has a whole lot more merchandise (although not as much as pre-pandemic). Among my purchases are a pair of lace-up Skechers in a beautiful light navy blue with 2 sets of shoe laces (navy and white) where the clearance price had been marked down to $13.99 and I got 25% off that making them $10.49 before tax! Score! They are in pristine condition and look like no one has even tried them on before! I had a lot of success at this Rack. 👍