Honored Contributor

Nordstrom Nicely Corrected Their Error!

There was a denim dress I wanted from Nordstrom.  I don't know how I got 2 of that dress, same size in that order, but I did.

The dresses were  seperately packaged and delivered two days apart.  It didn't fit.

I returned both dresses in one package, each with their order slop taped to the plastic bag.

When I checked my returns at Nordstrom yesterday, only one had been credited back.

I called CS, and I already have a refund in process and a $10.00 gift.

So very nice to deal with a professional.  I'll be back!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Nicely Corrected Their Error!

May years ago I worked for them in the Cosmetics Department. They do treat their customers very well.  Their philosophy is that the customer is always right.

Esteemed Contributor

Nordstrom was always my go to store.  All my work clothing was purchased there.  Such wonderful customer service.  

Honored Contributor

I assume it's an "urban legend".......but there was a rumor that they even refunded someone for a set of TIRES

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I can top that.  I recent reported a snafu to Walmart concerning their grocery pick-up, using their online complaint system.  Shortly afterwards I was contacted by a manager from my local store.  We had an interesting, lengthy conversation by phone.  He offered me a $25. gift card, which I declined. 

If Walmart naysayers could have talked to this man, I think they'd feel differently about the company. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can top that.  I recent reported a snafu to Walmart concerning their grocery pick-up, using their online complaint system.  Shortly afterwards I was contacted by a manager from my local store.  We had an interesting, lengthy conversation by phone.  He offered me a $25. gift card, which I declined. 

If Walmart naysayers could have talked to this man, I think they'd feel differently about the company. 

@Kachina624 Why decline the gift card?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   I did nothing to earn it, was only slightly inconvenienced and it just didn't "feel right".  I wasn't out to get something, just wanted a problem corrected. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624:  I agree with you and have done the same in the past.  As a small business owner (which Walmart is not), I would appreciate a phone call instead of a bad review to let me know what went wrong.  It's not about getting something "free", it's about making someone aware of things that they may never hear about.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I wish we had a Nordstroms here.  Our main dept. stores were Belk, Dillards, and Sears.  

Not much of a choice.

Belk was sold to a company only interested in online.  The stone is awful.

Respected Contributor

If I receive multiple packages and need to return items from more than 1 package, I inform customer service that I will be returning the items in one package.  Some Return Departments scan only 1 item, the original item sent in the box or bag. This has been reported frequently here when QVC customers return multiple items in 1 package.

Nordstrom has superb customer service.  I do not see "their error."