Honored Contributor

Nordstrom: Fashion Trends That Will Be IN or Out In Coming Months

[ Edited ]

http://www.elle.com/fashion/news/g29249/2017-fashion-trends/

(Glad to say good bye to those 4-5 inch heels!).

What are you happy to see mentioned?

Respected Contributor

Re: Nordstrom: Fashion Trends That Will Be IN or Out In Coming Months

i decide what is 'In" or "out" regarding my look which is informed by what flatters me in terms of style or color, what gives me pleasure in the wearing, etc.  i have never been one to let a department store or fashion maven dictate that.

Honored Contributor

From the list:

In -- I love painterly prints and artistically inspired themes in clothes.  I was never a fan of big florals, so I hope the painterly style is done light-handed, and not wild & huge.

Out -- glad to see 4" & 5" heels on the Out list, but I never wore those anyway. My sweet spot for heels is 2 & 3/4" and 3". 

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

i decide what is 'In" or "out" regarding my look which is informed by what flatters me in terms of style or color, what gives me pleasure in the wearing, etc.  i have never been one to let a department store or fashion maven dictate that.

@ms traditionalI have always used this info to make me aware of what is more than likely to happen in ready to wear.  That way I can get the last of what I love or breathe a sigh of relief that finally, something dreaded is disappearing!Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone here remember a time when fashions were either 'in' or 'out'?  Now-a-days, seems as though just about everything is 'in' (or at least acceptable without looking 'odd').  In other words, chances are that nobody will stop and turn around.  Well, unless we are wearing mini-skirts without tights in ice-cold weather, lol. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

IN:

I'm not a big fan of stripes.

No thanks to sneakers with a lot of embellishment or that don't actually look like sneakers.

I like the painterly prints, but agree with @Caaareful Shopper...not too bold or wild.

I love easy elegance, but not necessarily athletic inspired, which seemed like a contradiction in terms.

Mules (or slides) are one of my favorite shoe styles...been wearing them forever...glad they're not going anywhere.

OUT:

Corsets...an ugly trend (YMMV)...glad it's going away.

Skinny jeans...I like them as long as they're not sausage casings, but the article hinted that vintage silhouettes will try to bump skinnies off the throne...please let that mean I'll find lots of slim and straight legged jeans!!

I'll have to see what the industry means by "sweet and romantic" and "soft lingerie dressing"...I can't carry off a too sweet look, and I hope soft lingerie does not mean women will be walking around in slips (altho that might be better than jammies).

I think I wore a pair or two of 3 inch heels back in the day...?  Won't miss them!

I prefer clean, classic sneaks, but I only own one pair of basic white.

@ECBG

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

IN:

I'm not a big fan of stripes.

No thanks to sneakers with a lot of embellishment or that don't actually look like sneakers.

I like the painterly prints, but agree with @Caaareful Shopper...not too bold or wild.

I love easy elegance, but not necessarily athletic inspired, which seemed like a contradiction in terms.

Mules (or slides) are one of my favorite shoe styles...been wearing them forever...glad they're not going anywhere.

OUT:

Corsets...an ugly trend (YMMV)...glad it's going away.

Skinny jeans...I like them as long as they're not sausage casings, but the article hinted that vintage silhouettes will try to bump skinnies off the throne...please let that mean I'll find lots of slim and straight legged jeans!!

I'll have to see what the industry means by "sweet and romantic" and "soft lingerie dressing"...I can't carry off a too sweet look, and I hope soft lingerie does not mean women will be walking around in slips (altho that might be better than jammies).

I think I wore a pair or two of 3 inch heels back in the day...?  Won't miss them!

I prefer clean, classic sneaks, but I only own one pair of basic white.

@ECBG

@MacDUFFOur closets appear to be almost mirror images.  I do love animal prints and I believe you didn't?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

I have never been a fan of animal prints...I own a sequined scarf from Joan Rivers that is white/grey/charcoal animal print that is for special occasions that I love and a white/brown/black 3/4 sleeve linen open cardi that I haven't worn yet (got it at a consignment shop in Southport last vacay there $5).  That's it!  I have never (that I remember) owned any other animal print anything, although I might want a pair of animal print mules LOL!  Hope you are well, Twinny!  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom = no thank you!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ECBG

I have never been a fan of animal prints...I own a sequined scarf from Joan Rivers that is white/gey/charcoal animal print that is for special occasions that I love and a white/brown/black 3/4 sleeve linen open cardi that I haven't worn yet (got it at a consignment shop in Southport last vacay there $5).  That's it!  I have never (that I remember) owned any other animal print anything, although I might want a pair of animal print mules LOL!  Hope you are well, Twinny!  Smiley Wink

@MacDUFF,Gosh, I wish they hadn't dragged me off to the island to go to the closed auquarium (still ticked about no "closed" sounds) which resulted in not being able to look around. We spent the whole day trying to drive back and in hot lines of cars caught up in that mess.  You can bet next time I'll go over there by myself if need be and go shop to shop!  So wish we could be there together!  Girl Day!!!  Woo Woo!  C