Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary - What did you buy? Wishlist?

@lulu1 

Such a beautiful coat, lulu.  Love the color.  What do you think of it (fit, quality, color, etc.)?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Love this 1901 tie waist eyelet dress for $71.40. Love the length and color. I would wear this to a summer afternoon wedding. 

Tie Waist Eyelet Dress, Main, color, RED HIBISCUS

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@lulu1 

Such a beautiful coat, lulu.  Love the color.  What do you think of it (fit, quality, color, etc.)?

Hi my dear friend @MacDUFF ,

I'm a sucker for red coats.  This one is nice but truthfully I'd rather pay a bit more and get a cashmere blend.  It is made well, the color is perfect and the fit is true to size. My only concern is whether or not it will pill. We shall see.

I keep telling you, some many of us miss you and that wonderful sense of humor.

Respected Contributor

I got this and I'm in love. It's a Halogen textured faux fur coat. Comes in regular and petite.

See the source image

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another cute item from Halogen, Wrap Dress offered in a couple of prints and solids $65

e00bec86-83b2-4170-96d7-291850be2657.jpeg

09e0e767-e57f-4f5e-a2f4-07bf9cdb45cf.jpeg

Love these dresses!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This just arrived and I really like it.  Have to take it tomorrow and see if enough links can be removed so that it fits.  Had seen these watches a year or 2 ago on the Shinola site but didn't really need one.  Also, they have so many that it's hard to pick.  When I saw it was over $200 off, I decided it was a good time to give it a try.  

Shinola watch

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple of things:

1) @Chi-town girl  You have fantastic taste!! Keep posting the fabulous things you find, purchase, wear, etc.

2) I stopped shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale when I learned how it worked. It made sense so now I wait for better sales after this one.

3) Yes, YouTubers get early access. Nordstrom and Walmart pay people on YouTube. This is why I don't watch/subscribe to anyone who does those hauls. It's all to push links so they can make money off of you.

4) I have an old friend who has been with Nordstroms for almost 25 years. My neighbors' daughter works at Nordstrom. Both have told me that the returns are rolling in and the numbers aren't good for Nordstroms but now those who wanted items can find them.

5) Regarding quality: it has been thought that many of the brands featured in this sale produce products JUST for this sale and they are not of the same quality. The brands my neighbor has mentioned (and I've seen on other fashion forums) are:

* Barefoot Dreams

* North Face

*  Halogen/Caslon (Nordstrom house brands)

* KUT from the KLOTH

* cashmere quality is very different from last years

* Shoes from the same brand don't fit size wise as though not bought during the sale

just to name a few.

What I noticed from reading a thread here and there on other forums, it was the same brands being complained about and then hearing it from my buddy and then my neighbor regarding returns and the complaints. Also regarding seeing the same items being hauled by everyone on YouTube; buddy says there is a reason for that.  Maybe so, maybe not. For ME, it's just too much "forced" air time and too many games. Big turn off so, a no go for me.

ALL that said, I sincerely hope everyone loves and enjoys their items. 

EDITED: replaced words in a sentence that were removed when I corrected spelling.

Trusted Contributor

I've discovered a couple of new Wacoal bras that are so comfortable.  Zella bike shorts are perfect.  Barefoot Dreams socks are great.  I will be a big hit this winter when everyone gets their socks.  These shoes are a perfect fit, but I'm still thinking about them.  I've never had anything fleece lined, so am wondering if that will limit how often I wear them.  But I am on a mission to only wear comfortable shoes that are good for my feet, and they feel very good.  

Birkenstock

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam 

You make some interesting points about Nordstrom from people you know who work there.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/nordstrom-faces-backlash-over-anniversary-sale-early-access/558993/

There is a new article on Retail Dive about the Nordstrom loyalty program's tiers and early access to the anniversary sale and why people are not happy with the program the way it is.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

A couple of things:

1) @Chi-town girl  You have fantastic taste!! Keep posting the fabulous things you find, purchase, wear, etc.

2) I stopped shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary sale when I learned how it worked. It made sense so now I wait for better sales after this one.

3) Yes, YouTubers get early access. Nordstrom and Walmart pay people on YouTube. This is why I don't watch/subscribe to anyone who does those hauls. It's all to push links so they can make money off of you.

4) I have an old friend who has been with Nordstroms for almost 25 years. My neighbors' daughter works at Nordstrom. Both have told me that the returns are rolling in and the numbers aren't good for Nordstroms but now those who wanted items can find them.

5) Regarding quality: it has been thought that many of the brands featured in this sale produce products JUST for this sale and they are not of the same quality. The brands my neighbor has mentioned (and I've seen on other fashion forums) are:

* Barefoot Dreams

* North Face

*  Halogen/Caslon (Nordstrom house brands)

* KUT from the KLOTH

* cashmere quality is very different from last years

* Shoes from the same brand don't fit size wise as though not bought during the sale

just to name a few.

What I noticed from reading a thread here, it was the same brands being complained about and then hearing it from my buddy and then my neighbor regarding returns and the complaints. Also regarding seeing the same items being hauled by everyone on YouTube; buddy says there is a reason for that.  Maybe so, maybe not. For ME, it's just too much "forced" air time and too many games. Big turn off so, a no go for me.

ALL that said, I sincerely hope everyone loves and enjoys their items. 

It's very interesting to hear what people say who work there.  I remember enjoying trips to the outlet stores when they sold original merchandise.  Now I think they produce things specifically for the outlets, which sounds similar to what you're saying about the Nordstrom sale.  So far I've been happy with everything.  It is one of my favorite places, so I hope they are able to keep the business going.