Honored Contributor

Nordstrom Anniv. Sale

[ Edited ]

I am truly disappointed.  I thought Nordie was suppose to add items.  I viewed fashion, makeup, body and hair care.  No new items in any of those categories and what I had on my wish list was sold out.  Anyone else disappointed?

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

I am disappointed in Nordstrom and the Anniversary sale as well. I was able to shop with my "influencer status" on the 10th but by that time 90% of my wish list was already sold out. By the time the "Ambassadors" finish shopping there is nothing left. It's sad, Nordy's was my first credit card in 1991 and I don't feel like a valued customer at all.

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  I had clothes, home items and a couple of beauty items on my wishlist.  Couldn't start shopping until today and everything was sold out except for one beauty item.  I also didn't see anything new added and I checked multiple times because I saw that a few of my items were sold out soon after the sale started.  Very disappointing, I wasted a lot of time going through everything getting my list ready only to not be able to order almost all of it.

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't excited about much and was able to pick up my items: pajamas (they have become quite expensive) and a Rag and Bone purse. 

Trusted Contributor

A few new items have been added here and there, but they are mixed in with the others. The only way to find them is to filter or sort ( I forget which).  Take off featured and choose newest. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. It's too much to search thru everything. I am among the disappointed, too.  I' ve already expressed my displeasure with the " tiers" any timeI saw a Nordies post on FB.  Alot of unhappy people there. 

Honored Contributor

I shopped on the 10th also and only one item was sold out but I ordered several bras, deodorant, lotion, etc.  I ordered one sweater but that was it.  I received three items today.  I am going back to get a couple more bras. 

Honored Contributor

Today was the first day I was "allowed" to shop.  Of the nine items on my wish list, only two remained and I wasn't too excited about those two things.  

I've already found and ordered two of my wish list items from other stores.  One was a bit more expensive, the other was less. 

I'd like some Zella leggings, which I think is a Nordstrom brand?   I'll check back to see if those get restocked.  

I whizzed through what is still available today, in my size.  Saw lots and lots of bras and thongs.  Don't need or want these!

Trusted Contributor

I never have received an email that I could start shopping the sale, which I think is weird.  I got the email about browsing and adding to my wishlist.  I can only assume they don't need the business and I haven't bothered to check what's still available.  

I am also annoyed by the way they have done this, although I have to admit Sephora does it with their Rouge and VIB and that doesn't bother me.  I guess what I want is always still available.  

Valued Contributor

I'm glad this was mentioned (albeit disappointed that others are as unhappy with it as I am). I, too, experienced everything I wanted sold out. I'm pretty disappointed with Nordstrom, as I've been a very loyal customer for sometime. I was able to shop early into the sale, but that proved to be pointless.

My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, but I feel Nordstrom has been so busy marketing toward influencers, that they forgot their "real" customer base. 

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am truly disappointed.  I thought Nordie was suppose to add items.  I viewed fashion, makeup, body and hair care.  No new items in any of those categories and what I had on my wish list was sold out.  Anyone else disappointed?

I suggest you take the survey in your "wish list". If you don't have one, email Nordstrom.com. My "wish list" items were sold out last week. No replenishment. So much for "wish list". 

Nordstrom really dropped the ball on this year's Anniversary sale. Not happy with them.