Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom 2018 Anniversary Sale - What's on your list?

Super comfy Natori bras post-breast cancer. Can’t do my Chantelle’s anymore 😢 loaded up on hosiery since it looks like my house brand is being discontinued. Still have to dress for work. Have been doing a lot of damage recently at Chicos and JJill in preparation for retirement in 2019 so didn’t really get anything else. DH bought me a LV handbag so don’t need anything in that department. Happy shopping 😍
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I am a coat hoarder and I ordered 2 this round.  

I need to get rid of 2 to make room, if I keep these.

My order shipped and is out for delivery today.

@VaBelle35 - love, love, love that metallic rain jacket Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl @winamac1 + all:

I have lovely Nordstrom things coming by mail and I picked up lovely things in the store yesterday and this morning (returned one thing).

As a result, I am purging my closet: My rule at this stage of ife is two things donated for every NEW thing that comes in.

It serves me well and benefits others . . .

@1Professor- I bought a purse on the sale yesterday and thinking about a second one. I’ve been on a real purse binge lately. 

I made myself take 3 older purses to consignment this afternoon. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

I have lovely Nordstrom things coming by mail and I picked up lovely things in the store yesterday and this morning (returned one thing).

As a result, I am purging my closet: My rule at this stage of ife is two things donated for every NEW thing that comes in.

I, too, need to purge more.  I may do a bit of it this weekend.  It's SO hard though as my clothing is in such good shape due to not wearing anything too often, LOL. .  Almost everything looks new.  I have too much!!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@winamac1

Trouve funnel ribneck sweater, also in a reddish and a green.

(Comes up on the first page if you choose SWEATERS in Anniversary Sale.)

@winamac1@1Professor

Love that sweater!   (Trying to get on to Nordstrom's site ... but with little success.)

That sweater is awesome.  I want that cute little Marc Jacobs crossbody that looks like mini backpack.  I saw it in the store, and it is so cute!!  I don't need it at all and have so many crossbodys I haven't even carried.  

I also want that sweater and a Vince Camuto tie dye blue sweatshirt !  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor- I bought a purse on the sale yesterday and thinking about a second one. I’ve been on a real purse binge lately. 

I made myself take 3 older purses to consignment this afternoon. 

@gidgetgh: I have so many handbags that I sold unused ones and one-time-used ones with tags at my community's flea market a week ago; I sold 19! And still have too many, but it was a great start and women got amazing handbags.

I can take Dooney or Gucci, for example, to my luxe consignment shop, but they won't take Patricia Nash. You don't get that much, so gifting is a great option for unused or one-time used handbags . . .

On clothing, a recent study found people only wear about 20% of the clothes they have. That was eye-opening. Spent several weeks checking to see if that's true for ME. I'm about 40%. Still that's horrid, even if I don't count the various black velvet skirts and pants I have for formal occasions (rare). As a result, THE PURGE.

Now, every time I buy, my cloest stash gets reduced! The 2:1 rule.

Smiles.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I am going to try going up a size in it.  It fits fine, but the draw string pulls come up right at the bottom of my bra line when it's zipped.

She doesn't have it zipped in the picture, so it looks at her waist.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl: Watching BOTH Nadal and Federer get knocked out was painful. They are gracious talents . . .

@1Professor - I missed Nadal s match but just double checked results,  he did win.

Men's semi final is Anderson v (American) Isner and Djokovic v Nadal. Hoping for an Isner v Nadal men's final. And goooooo Serena! 

Roger is such a class act. What a grueling match today Woman Sad

@1Professor - Breakfast at Wimbledon??? It's crazy.

Cannot believe they delayed the women's FINAL Woman Tongue they could have easily finished Djokovic v Nadal afterwards!  Ugggh!!! we want Nadal to win. It's been stressful and it's messed up my schedule today, lol. More mimosas and shopping is required Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I am going to try going up a size in it.  It fits fine, but the draw string pulls come up right at the bottom of my bra line when it's zipped.

She doesn't have it zipped in the picture, so it looks at her waist.

@VaBelle35 - definitely better to size up especially if you will wear it over long sleeves.. TY for sharing sizing info! 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

One question: do they adjust the price if you purchase something today that goes on sale in 2 weeks?

it's all new merch for NAS