Honored Contributor

Re: Nobody seems to be buying Spanx leggings...

[ Edited ]

The only way I would wear these leggings is under a maxi dress / skirt in the wintertime for warmth or maybe underneath another pair of loose pants for extra warmth like a pair of long johns.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I am wondering how this makes one feel thin. They look like they are glued on. Today, when I was taking my walk I saw a woman that was wearing camo leggings that were not flattering. I think it made her look bigger than she was. IMO unless you are slender, these pants are not for you. Don't kid yourself and think it doesn't matter because people do notice when you are dressed inappropriately for your size. The models that are a xxs,s and medium look good. If you are larger, they are not flattering. You need to look in a mirror from all sides. I am a petite 4 and would never consider wearing them.

I have a girl friend that has embraced this style of pant.....she is petite in height and has an average body shape but I think leggings look 'not so good' on her. In fact we were standing at a counter in Macy's and I heard a woman make a comment on how she was dressed!!! I was surprised my frend did not hear her.  The shirt she was wearing was not quite long enough to cover what needed to be covered.  I would never say anything to her , it's not my business....

Esteemed Contributor

I would look like a chicken in them.......at 61...I am 'hippier' than I was in my younger days...not a good look for me

Honored Contributor

Petite slender Amy looks wonderful in them. As does a woman with nice, slender legs. Most people have figure flaws. That said we can always dress to conceal them. Leggings do nothing for a woman with heavy legs while a nice pair of trousers will make the same woman look really good. Why advertise figure flaws for the world to see? I guess that just makes no sense to me...

Valued Contributor

I wonder if the hosts can refuse to wear an item that isn't flattering to them? The two Janes (although sp is different) would have been wise to refuse. I have to agree, the larger models should definitely wear tunic tops or looong sweaters over these. Much too tight and revealing.

Honored Contributor

Model Jackie looked great in them (regular size large, size xl in the leggings).  Her legs looked very thin, and she's a plus sized model.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Model Jackie looked great in them (regular size large, size xl in the leggings).  Her legs looked very thin, and she's a plus sized model.

I guess the word "thin" is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

Valued Contributor

i thought i was the only person who hates leggings? finally I hear someone people agree with me?

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, I think that as long as there is a longer top worn with leggings, they look fine.  Long enough to cover the back-side, no matter what figure type.  Just my thoughts, of course.  I'm not crazy about advertising my back-side. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Sorry, but she was one of them that I didn't think they were flattering on at all.