Honored Contributor

Re: Nobody seems to be buying Spanx leggings...

@elated wrote:

@Tantrum wrote:

Nobody except for the people who have purchased 84,000 pairs of them TODAY!

The brown sold out early this morning...glad I got a pair!

Leggings aren't for everyone, but what is? I'm glad I have the confidence and figure to wear leggings, because they are sure comfortable and versatile! As leggings go, Spanx makes a quality version that not only holds up to repeat launderings, but holds ME up and enhances--even flatters--certain portions of my anatomy. IMHO, leggings are here to stay, simply because they are so comfortable to wear and can be adapted to virtually any situation. I'm actually proud to see women, even those with less than perfect shapes, dressing to suit themselves, instead of obsessing over what others (typically WOMEN) think about it. We should be embracing our bodies no matter what our size or "flaw" and empowering ourselves and our sisters instead of criticizing and hating on silly clothing choices.

I think we empower women when we are honest and sincere. Granted many women do not look good in leggings and many people look at these women and make fun of them. I am sure that is not what they want. I would rather tell someone that is not flattering than have them think they looked good.  I have seen many women wear leggings that are way too tight and show every lump and bump. If you think leggings enhance your flaws, you are not doing yourself any favors. In my opinion, they are deceptive because you have managed to get into them. Also, if you are convinced they make you look younger, you are living in LALA Land. Why not wear clothing that flatters your figure and does not enhance your flaws. This is what empowers women to make right choices no matter what age or what size they are.

But who are you to tell someone that what they have on isn't flattering?  Most people wear what they think is flattering for their figure.  You may or may not agree with it.

When I buy clothing, I buy it because I like it, it fits and I think it looks good on me, from my eyes.  If someone else doesn't like it or doesn't think it looks good on me, I really don't care.  It's not their business nor their concern. 

I have watched a lot of style shows in the past and there have been plenty of times so-called experts put women in clothing I thought looked horrible on them and didn't do anything for their figure.

If you ever have watched a show like Fashion Police, 2 couches of people don't always agree on what looks good on someone.  It's all subjective.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Generally speaking, I think that as long as there is a longer top worn with leggings, they look fine.  Long enough to cover the back-side, no matter what figure type.  Just my thoughts, of course.  I'm not crazy about advertising my back-side. 

LOL

ITA

I wear a longer top or sweater.  I love them.  I look good in this style and own them in 2 camo colors!Man Very Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I like leggings. If others don't, that's fine too. I don't need people to tell me something is unflattering unless I specifically ask because I trust their opinion and admire their style choices. Most people dishing out fashion advice to others could probably use some advice themselves.

I haven't tried Spanx simply because they are too expensive, and I already have a ton of leggings that I love.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I thought that they were a little pricey.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

the pricing is based on the quality. while i love finding them on sale, they are worth what they are charging regularly because they are that good.

of course, there are those that disagree, but that pretty much goes for any garment.

if you are willing to pay, you buy. if you arent, you dont.

there are items posted here that people get great deals on $10 items, $100 items......sometimes the $10 item is worth it, sometimes not.....for me. same for the $100 item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I got the black camo "as is" and liked them so much I pre ordered the green camo this time. They are worth the price for the quality, they wear like iron and wash very well.  I have a ton of Yummie capri and full length in black and navy so I went with the camos.  Love them!!

Valued Contributor

I remember they were popular iin the early 90's and was glad when they went out of fashion. Kind of surprised they're back after many compared others of looking like mushrooms after they went out of style. I imagine some will realize how they look after seeing photos of themselves later. Often we think styles/fashion is great then later decide "what were we thinking?", such as the 80's.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aside from Christmas gifts, I hadn't made a Q purchase in several months. When I saw the price on those Spanx, I couldn't call fast enough. I love my one pair, and now I am getting two pairs for just a little more than I paid for one. And what's with this "only look good on tall, thin women" business? Ptthhh! I'm a short, average woman who wears leggings with long tops that completely cover my back side, and feel fabulous in them. Between the heavy Spanx and the long top, all of my body flaws are hidden. That makes me feel great about myself when I look in the mirror.

(And they're way more comfortable than my jeans! I could wear them 24/7.)

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

I remember they were popular iin the early 90's and was glad when they went out of fashion. Kind of surprised they're back after many compared others of looking like mushrooms after they went out of style. I imagine some will realize how they look after seeing photos of themselves later. Often we think styles/fashion is great then later decide "what were we thinking?", such as the 80's.

They have been back "in style" for over a decade.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alsee wrote:

So few women actually look good in leggings. Maybe more are starting to look in the mirror when wearing them.

I look in the mirror in them and look great.

To each his/her own.

Why do so many of you have to justify why someone shouldn't buy those leggings or any leggings?  Do you think that just because some don't like them and some don't feel as if they look good in them that no one does?  LOL

I truly couldnt care less if people like these Spanx leggings or any leggings.  It means nothing to me as I buy what I like.

I don't like most Susan Graver items, but I don't go on every thread pertaining to Graver items justifying why I don't buy them or why others shouldn't buy her items. 

It's comical reading some of the comments, LOL!