Respected Contributor

Re: Nobody seems to be buying Spanx leggings...

From what I saw no one looked good in the spanx leggings. They just looked too tight. Other leggings can be flattering paired with the right top but these, not so much.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

Span is uncomfortable, expensive...no thank you. I like the WWC leggings, they wash well, no fading and super comfy.
Contributor

Nobody except for the people who have purchased 84,000 pairs of them TODAY!

The brown sold out early this morning...glad I got a pair!

Leggings aren't for everyone, but what is? I'm glad I have the confidence and figure to wear leggings, because they are sure comfortable and versatile! As leggings go, Spanx makes a quality version that not only holds up to repeat launderings, but holds ME up and enhances--even flatters--certain portions of my anatomy. IMHO, leggings are here to stay, simply because they are so comfortable to wear and can be adapted to virtually any situation. I'm actually proud to see women, even those with less than perfect shapes, dressing to suit themselves, instead of obsessing over what others (typically WOMEN) think about it. We should be embracing our bodies no matter what our size or "flaw" and empowering ourselves and our sisters instead of criticizing and hating on silly clothing choices.

Contributor

Maybe your time would be better spent inspecting your attitudes and opinions instead of worrying about what someone else sees in their full-length mirror. I'd rather support and empower my sisters to love themselves and their imperfections rather than to shame them back into a lace-up corset. JS

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I continue to look at leggings and know that they are not for me.  But, now and again, I try to convince myself to try them. 

Being short waisted, the bottoms never fit properly and fall below my rise -- leaving an open space where the crotch should fit snuggly.  Not comfortable.  Feels like they are slipping over my hipsWoman LOL

For them to stay up, they have to be so tight, I cannot breathe!  Tried Legacy legware many years back and by the time I got them on, I was in a sweat.

Like the cold shoulder top, sharkbite hems and really long fringe, this is one fashion trend I'm staying away from.

Honored Contributor

I like leggings.  But IMO, most Spanx products are overpriced.  I would have purchased if I didn't already have a lot of leggings. 

That being said, I will never embrace the prints.

Regular Contributor

To me tthey looked like something you should be wearing under something else.  They were just way to tight.   Guess you need to wear a xxs, xs or s to look good in them.  Loved the camo ones but no way would I wear them out in public.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the HUE brand and I have many..I'm petite and slender and I always wear mine with tunics..or under a dress..to me they're like wearing tights..which I used to wear. Leggings are more durable and comfortable..no runs etc. I have them in solids, animal prints and floral..I  love oversized shirts with them too! I worked for a stylist and I learned so much from her! When she cleaned out her closet I was the lucky recepient! That started my love affair with HUE and Chicos..lol! Never could wear spanx..tried years ago..they were uncomfortable..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Tantrum wrote:

Nobody except for the people who have purchased 84,000 pairs of them TODAY!

The brown sold out early this morning...glad I got a pair!

Leggings aren't for everyone, but what is? I'm glad I have the confidence and figure to wear leggings, because they are sure comfortable and versatile! As leggings go, Spanx makes a quality version that not only holds up to repeat launderings, but holds ME up and enhances--even flatters--certain portions of my anatomy. IMHO, leggings are here to stay, simply because they are so comfortable to wear and can be adapted to virtually any situation. I'm actually proud to see women, even those with less than perfect shapes, dressing to suit themselves, instead of obsessing over what others (typically WOMEN) think about it. We should be embracing our bodies no matter what our size or "flaw" and empowering ourselves and our sisters instead of criticizing and hating on silly clothing choices.

I think we empower women when we are honest and sincere. Granted many women do not look good in leggings and many people look at these women and make fun of them. I am sure that is not what they want. I would rather tell someone that is not flattering than have them think they looked good.  I have seen many women wear leggings that are way too tight and show every lump and bump. If you think leggings enhance your flaws, you are not doing yourself any favors. In my opinion, they are deceptive because you have managed to get into them. Also, if you are convinced they make you look younger, you are living in LALA Land. Why not wear clothing that flatters your figure and does not enhance your flaws. This is what empowers women to make right choices no matter what age or what size they are.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a pair of Spanx leggings from QVC a couple of years ago.  I was surprised when I received them, because they weren't what I considered leggings to be.  These Spanx (went up a size) are more like thick compression tights and I would never wear them out of the house. I have a couple of pair of what I consider to be leggings and do wear out of the house.  They fit close to the body but do not outline my calves and knees, they skim these areas without defining every curve to my legs..

The waist was also too high, but I have to say I never have a problem with the waist folding over when I bend or sit.

I expected more from Spanx than to call this undergarment leggings (which I consider to be outer wear).