Respected Contributor

Re: Nobody seems to be buying Spanx leggings...

It looks like Peter Pan to me.  Not a good look even for skinny minnies.

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

i thought i was the only person who hates leggings? finally I hear someone people agree with me?

I wear NYDJ leggings. They don't look like tights. I am tall, slender and my legs are still good but I wouldn't be caught dead in the TSV. They are really nice on young women but I am over 60 and would feel uncomfortable. 

Honored Contributor

I'm the one who often mentions using the Zoom button on our TV remotes.   Each time I press it, the hosts/models can look very slim to sometimes very wide, depending on the person.  'Zoom, Normal, Cinema, Wide, Auto, Normal' settings.  Give it a try!   I'm guessing that if a person's TV is automatically set on 'Wide' or 'Cinema', all of the persons on TV would look about twenty pounds heavier.  And twenty pounds slimmer if set on 'Zoom', Auto, or Normal'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

So few women actually look good in leggings. Maybe more are starting to look in the mirror when wearing them.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm the one who often mentions using the Zoom button on our TV remotes.   Each time I press it, the hosts/models can look very slim to sometimes very wide, depending on the person.  'Zoom, Normal, Cinema, Wide, Auto, Normal' settings.  Give it a try!   I'm guessing that if a person's TV is automatically set on 'Wide' or 'Cinema', all of the persons on TV would look about twenty pounds heavier.  And twenty pounds slimmer if set on 'Zoom', Auto, or Normal'. 

My new Hd television I have to have on normal or the prices won't show. My opinion on the leggings remains the same... They are very unflattering on the majority of women they put them in today. 

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago, I purchased the very first Spanx leggings that the Q sold.  To say that i looked awful is an understatement.  My knees looked huge even though I think that I went up two sizes.  No way that I would wear them anywhere.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Model Jackie looked great in them (regular size large, size xl in the leggings).  Her legs looked very thin, and she's a plus sized model.

I guess the word "thin" is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

Well gosh, isn't everything we look at?

Respected Contributor

Tockerman, I LOATHE leggings and I truly wish they would GO AWAY.

Respected Contributor

I just read this review, and it really made me laugh,

" These are compression, footless tights. And by compression I mean girdle. Let's call it what it is. I would not classify these as a legging. I am size 14 and ordered the XL as recommended. At first I thought there is no way these will fit, like when you pull pantyhose out of the package and they are toddler size but somehow they fit. And like pantyhose, I had to do the chicken dance to get them on. Material is thick, like thick, thick tights and not in a good way. I also looked ridiculous. Do you look good walking around in your pantyhose? I do not. And I did not look good in these. "

Thank-you to the author.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Not the best time of year to be selling long underwear, IMO. 

But I'll bet they have sold lots of them. Sell-outs are over-rated; they are more about the person ordering not buying enough.