Valued Contributor

No wonder malls are closing!

Went to our local mall today, first time in about 3 years, looking for 2 things, Cuddl Duds long underwear/base layer and a warm knit stocking cap for hiking,

4 stores and not a single package of long johns anywhere, none. Went into ******'s sporting goods and they had no kind of base layers either, They did have some stocking caps and warm hats like Patagonia but c'mon $42! Nope, Not for a hat.

JC Penney seemed to be 80% men/boys and a little bit of womens aand mostly all junky stuff. Macy's had nothing either.  Hardly any people in the mall when I was there,

Finally went over to TJ Maxx and found a hat but no Cuddl Duds. They had 5 packages of them and people had opened them up, all in size large anyway so all I got today was a hat.

Went home and checked stores online like Lands End, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, Duluth Trading Company and they all had some kind of base layer clothing and lots of 25-50% off sales,  Lands End was 50% off. It's sad that B&M retailers just are not competing  at all it seems 

Honored Contributor

Re: No wonder malls are closing!

We love cold proof on amazon.  My son and DH wear them.  I wear Hue leggings if need be.

Occasional Contributor

I find Cuddle duds at both Kohls and Target

Valued Contributor

Maybe you just went looking in the wrong stores.  Kohl's and Steinmart always has these items in stock.  I've always found what I wanted in Steinmart and it is discounted 50-60% or even more. Great brands there. I use Amazon and onlline as a last resort. I want the brick and mortar stores to exist.

Valued Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

Went to our local mall today, first time in about 3 years, looking for 2 things, Cuddl Duds long underwear/base layer and a warm knit stocking cap for hiking,

4 stores and not a single package of long johns anywhere, none. Went into ******'s sporting goods and they had no kind of base layers either, They did have some stocking caps and warm hats like Patagonia but c'mon $42! Nope, Not for a hat.

JC Penney seemed to be 80% men/boys and a little bit of womens aand mostly all junky stuff. Macy's had nothing either.  Hardly any people in the mall when I was there,

Finally went over to TJ Maxx and found a hat but no Cuddl Duds. They had 5 packages of them and people had opened them up, all in size large anyway so all I got today was a hat.

Went home and checked stores online like Lands End, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, Duluth Trading Company and they all had some kind of base layer clothing and lots of 25-50% off sales,  Lands End was 50% off. It's sad that B&M retailers just are not competing  at all it seems 

@PinkSunsetJust wanted to let you know that Kohls carries quite a bit of Cuddl Duds :-) I'm a CD queen LOL I live in their clothes and I get most of mine there or here on the Q, but Kohls ends up usually being much much cheaper! (coupon codes, etc)

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

Ha/Ha looks like 2 others posted at the exact same time as me with the SAME advice LOL Good luck!!

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Costco and Sam's Club has woman's long underwear.  Costco carries 32 Degrees Heat and Sam's has Cuddle Duds.

Honored Contributor

I'm not signing the death book on malls yet.  In the last week, I bought new trousers plus a cute top as well as a sophisticated shirt to make 2 very different outfits.  Local strip mall and the shop was quite busy.  Can't speak for the other shops because the only other one I went into was a local candy shop where I bought a house gift for my Thanksgiving destination.

I've been in the much larger mall near me 3 times in the last week.  Even for me, that's major!  The first time I bought an inexpensive white camisol.  Bought it without trying, so one of the other trips came yesterday when I exchanged that top.  They had sizes and the exchange was easy.   As long as I was there, I decided to look for a new bra,  definite challenge for me but the sales associate was excellent.  No way would I have ordered online what she felt would work well for me -- so glad I was at the mall!

I did go out and walk almost the whole length of that mall -  it wasn't crazy busy, but it was well populated and, most significant I'd say about 3/4 of everyone was carrying one or more purchases.  Definite crowd winner of the day was probably Apple -  so crowded you'd think they were giving stuff away!

Valued Contributor

Two of the main stores at my local mall have closed down, Bon Ton  and Sears, leaves JCPenney Boscov's, Kohl's as the major stores. It makes me sad when I go in and it's so deserted and the parking lots are empty. I know most people shop online, much easier and no crowds. My daughter and I went to some of the new strip malls going around, it was nuts traffic everywhere couldn't find a place to park, we would go from one strip mall to another ,setting in traffic lights and traffic jams. I thought , this is the reason why they created malls to begin with, park one place and shop many places Without having to get in your car and drive around. 

Frequent Contributor

REI has good quality cold weather gear if you have a store near you...if not check them out online Smiley Happy I've seen lots of Cuddle Duds at Kohls...at least half of it on sale Smiley Happy