Honored Contributor

Re: No wonder Shop NBC is not doing welll

@SilleeMee wrote:

I remember when it was ShopNBC and before that, ValueVision Woman Happy @SeaMaiden 

@SilleeMee  Yes! valuevision had the best Italian Gold Jewery....I bought many one of a kind  very heavy gold pieces back then...amazing prices!

I still have my favorite pieces...sold most  of  my gold when gold prices quadrupled a few years ago  and made a fortune!🤑🤑🤑🤑 

Super Contributor

I still have my favorite pieces...sold most  of  my gold when gold prices quadrupled a few years ago  and made a fortune!🤑🤑🤑🤑

Oh boy... I bought the most beautiful, flat omega choker necklace from them. It was quite heavy, and had a very expensive clasp, that no other piece of gold I ever had.  It was also the best price for the amount of gold I ever bought. Sadly, I put on weight, and made it too small to wear. Also, in 2008, I lost my job, so I sold a lot of gold to get by, until my finances settled down.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No wonder Shop HQ is not doing well

Linda Moss's Homeshoppingista recent blog entry says all I need to know about ShopHQ's financial health. I wouldn't be surprised if they go under.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2020/02/06/shop-hqs-chief-financial-officer-is-canned/

ShopHQ’s Chief Financial Officer Is Canned, ‘Fixed’ Program Sked Coming

Trusted Contributor

They used to have some cute clothes, very reasonable...but they must've gotten some new buyers, there stuff is down right hideous lately.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I was flipping channels the other day and saw them selling a Versace satchel. Very simple & classic looking in solid color leather. It didn’t look any different to me than most other classic leather bags out there. I guess made in Italy makes a huge difference. Price was around $900. I’m not willing to spend that much $ on a handbag. 

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

They used to have some cute clothes, very reasonable...but they must've gotten some new buyers, there stuff is down right hideous lately.

@Karie2022 

I wear their hideous clothing  all the time! It's awesome! Great prices and washs beautifully

Super Contributor

Their clothes have gotten so expensive.  And some nit wit in management had the bright idea to charge 16.99 a month for free shipping.  That's 200 a year!  Way more than Amazon, with way less products!  It's really gone down hill very quickly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was looking at some of their jewelry and then noticed the shipping!...$10 !  Forget that....for jewelry??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Linda Moss's Homeshoppingista recent blog entry says all I need to know about ShopHQ's financial health. I wouldn't be surprised if they go under.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2020/02/06/shop-hqs-chief-financial-officer-is-canned/

ShopHQ’s Chief Financial Officer Is Canned, ‘Fixed’ Program Sked Coming

I think all channels make a mistake going with this fixed programming.  Unless they just mean the shows will be static but the hosts will be different.

If I only tune in on certain days at certain times and it is a host that doesn't resonate with me, I'm out.  I would think as much as they think viewers want to shop with their favorite hosts, there are those who won't shop with certain hosts and/or those who like a change up in programming.

Trusted Contributor

JMO, but, I don't get the "sticker look" on high end bags. 

I'm not a fan, of the look, period, but, for someone who is, it seems, to me, it would make more sense, in a fun, fairly inexpensive bag.
That way, if you get tired of the bag, you haven't made a real investment, in a bag you've lost interest in carrying.